What's your opinion?

• Would you be grateful to get the food?

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Should we throw the food away?

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good thing you doing. Rather than throwing it, you are atleast helping poor people who know the value of food. They really work hard to earn money so thts they can get themselves and their family some food.

Keep doing what you do. You helping poor people by giving them food and gain pleasure by doing it. You feel happy that's it. Don't bother listening to what other's say. They dont do even a single thing for the poor and even persuade others to stop, which are atleast doing something for the poor.

Sorry, but your friend is totally wrong.

Last edited:
Yea your friend is an idiot he obviously dont know what the food is like

Kinda a stupid story but as kids we would get high then wait till Sainsburys (i guess uk version of wallmart) was about to close go in their any buy all the donuts cakes and shit, they were really cheap because if they didn't sell they would have to throw them out (the same as you described above) its absolutely fine we pigged out on it all loads

Ignore him and keep doing what your doing im sure the people getting it are grateful for it :)

It's a great thing your doing, helping those that struggle to feed them & their children.
Most expiration dates are total bullshit anyway.

it would be better if u actually gave fresh products... but giving something then nothing is also good i guess.

Yeah I agree it would be better, but i'm not allowed to donate brand new stuff unless it's over stock and I know I won't sell it all before it goes bad. That does happen sometimes like my friend got in twice as many strawberries than he ordered so he donated half the day they came in. And I donate things that come in that i don't use like cake and cupcake kits since we don't have a full bakery. Also last November we donated 160 turkey's that had an expiration date of 12/12.

I'd love to give brand new stuff but that's not how the system works.

well i guess you are not doing anything wrong. CONGRATZ. just make sure u know where the food is actually going.. im legit about that part.. thanks for ur part in helping people :D

You are doing this, its an appreciable move. But do not take pride, just do the stuff silently ;)

Good luck :D and keep up the good work. Also, don't think/consider what others are saying as you are atleast helping in someway or the other, whilst the other person who is criticizing you is not.

There are some people in parts of the world, specially where I am working now, who will take the food happily and eat it even if they are expired.

Even if they die knowing it, they will be happy to die with a stomach full of food, a luxury they rarely get to even see.

I say, give it away and try to do it as much as you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back