Status
Not open for further replies.

kenshin

Just had a stroll at wj's hosting section and was a bit surprised and irritated abt something...Some of the hosts have given prices in $ in their threads but on their mainsite prices are in pounds or euros and the most irritating part is that they havent updated their thread/post on wj with correct rates according to their sites. I even found a host which had a 10$ difference on their price listed on wj (that too on their thread title!) and the one at their site...

clearly some of this difference was caused by fluctuating exchange rates between the $, pound and euro but still most of it was plain carelessness or just a trick to lure customers. 10$ is actually not much to most ppl but when buying a vps for like 30$, a 10$ increase is actually a 33% increase....so yeah it is HUGE for ppl on a net spending budget.

Dont know if this has been posted before..if it has then sorry for opening the thread...if not then please go ahread and ponder on this a bit for me...usually i dont handle my own hosting and leave it to my friends but ppl who do handle it end up facing troubles...so...do u guys think any new rule should be put in the hosting section to correct this?

P.S. I could point out the ones with issues here but im not gonna do that coz this issue might have occurred due to carelessness and no malicious intent...so im reporting those threads

5 comments
Prices might be in full price on site, discounted on WJ and once the promo code is entered than it's the accurate amount.

^u might be right but listed prices on wj shudnt be with promo codes added...promo codes are not for lifetime mate. when a seller lists an item on a thread/post he/she shud put up the original price of item and then give the promo offers below all that or add the promo offer above the price list to make it more attractive. atleast i think thats the way it shud be.

putting up prices with discount/promo offers on wj and not correcting it for months is same as deceiving people as hosts dont give such offers indefinitely...usually they give it for the first month or first X customers.

Thread titles cannot be changed once the thread is opened. Only a super moderator can change the thread title so most people just leave their thread title as it is (not sure why they dont change the message body though...)

I've noticed that too. But honestly, hosting section is very hard to moderate. OP's are asking for thread title change daily, some of them even asked for a thread title change over 5-6 times in ONE day!

Now, you might think that's not much but just imagine the workload. They send incorrect titles, and sometimes the Staff member who is dealing with the report has to make up the thread title for them.

Best thing would be to leave hosting section as it is, with absolutely no thread title rules or whatsoever. But that's just my opinion, so it probably won't happen as people would abuse it by having thread titles like: "Cheap fast unlimited offshore hosting".

Thread title edit, fine that would be tough for staff members.

What about the main post body? don't you think that should be changed when ever the prices get changed. Should not be very tough to edit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back