Status
Not open for further replies.

Praveer

Hello all,

I am planning to pursue career in Web Development. But I want to know the job scope in this field. I also would like to know the pay scale in this field. And the availability of the jobs.

Suggestions are welcome :)

Please post if you seriously want to give a suggestion/answer my questions. I am serious about this thread. Please do not troll.

Thank you

Regards
Praveer

28 comments
Don't about other countried but in Pakistan there are alot of Jobs available if you are perfect in Web Development (like you know php, css, html, java etc)

So pursuing a career in this not a bad option rite? And income is also good?

Can anyone please mention 2-3 big companies which hire/give job to web developers.

Thank you

Been in this field for as long as 4 years for now. I tell you one thing, you can't really rely on income from web-development in India. There is not much marketing in this field. Many Indian clients wants everything in very small amount and many of them doesn't even know what they want.It gets very hectic sometimes.

If you really want to pursue it this field then you can open your own firm like hiddenbrains,xicom etc. There are many big Indians companies which are very well known in Web-Development field.

Reputation is the key,you build up a good reputation there will be many returning clients and many new to come.

You can become a successful freelancer if and only if you have good interest in learning codes and playing with codes.Coming to this field with no interests,wont get you anywhere.

Its just like new day,new client,new site,new code,new brain.

Everyday you come across with new codes,thing is how you learn things and provide the best quality work that you can give in a given timeframe :)

Best examples on WJ are Nitish and Warezrock :) I have been working with them for very long and they have clear mindset of "Providing The Quality Work".They take projects only if they can complete on a given time frame.

To start with web-developing you can try freelancing sites like freelancer,elace,0desk etc and forums like DP,warriorforum etc.

Build a good reputation first and then take extreme steps :)

^^ :blink: Seriously? I guess he must not be knowing much then
0.4$ per hour :O Experienced developers normally charge 50$ + per hour

@Anant thanks for explaining everything so clearly....This means that chosing a career in this field wont be a good option....

You said not much marketing in India....But any idea about its marketing abroad?

@Anant thanks for explaining everything so clearly....This means that chosing a career in this field wont be a good option....

You said not much marketing in India....But any idea about its marketing abroad?
I am not saying its not a good option,but thing is you need to get some good and returning clients which takes time.

About the pay scale: totally depends on you,how much you charge.

Generally its around $10-25/hour in the starting, but if you have around 1000 reviews in your pocket on big freelancing sites then it can go upto $100-200/hour as well. I told you,totally depends on reputation that you build.

Choosing software development as few of my IM friends too said that here in India web development not popular....

So have to go woth software development.

Kw3rLn Any place you know where requirement for web developers is high?

Thanks all, for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back