Warning to all video hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Guy

Banned
Banned
I should probably not be telling you all this since you are all my competition, but I think we can all appreciate the hatred of thieves.

filmovizija.in is using plugins to steal from everyone. I'm not going to tell you how to thwart them, but I am letting you know. The following are sites that they are stealing from;

mrfile, vidbull, streamin, vidbux, weshare, videowood, yourvideohost, filecore, happystreams, vidto, mightyupload, powvideo, vidzi, fast-vids, uncapped-downloads, divxpress, sharerepo, tomwans, filecore, divxpress, vidup, cloudtime, video, grifthost, vidto, hostingbulk, filehoot, cloudtime, 4streaming, movshare, powvideo, vidstation, filescrate, filecore, exashare, weshare, excellentvideos, nowvideo, movreel, vshare, thefile, flashx, cloudtime, sharesix....................... many more

ok I'm done, but they are all there, they are stealing from all of us. What they do is use GK Plugins and replace your ads with their ads. You're welcome.

They are very slick and Geo-target so your ads may come up from your geo. Also, they use all the major ad companies and just replace your ads so you don't know the revenue is going to them because it looks like your ads.

Happy Guy

Last edited:
11 comments
Aren't uploaders and filehosts stealers in the first place.

i can't complain about someone stealing what i steal!

i would just ignore it.

basically fucked up site(too many ads, not user friendly, you would just go on and on clicking on ads for no reason), I wont prefer to visit it ever again unless it has something which i couldnt find anywhere else....

There is another site that does this same thing :
Code:
http://www.greevid.com/
They import videos from a list of filehosts and replace ads with the gk plugin.

The site would need to break the plugin used eg. changing code.

All of the media streaming boxes being sold on ebay etc do the same thing with custom plugins, the above site is nothing compared to the traffic used with streaming boxes.

Vidics.ch is ripping off all video hosts. Check your logs. They are pulling some seriously shady stuff. Almost all views from them are not legit.

I would appreciate if anyone has the names of sites that are doing these types of things. Even though we are all competition, I believe we can collaborate and try to stop most of this.

Vidics sends you to the videohosts site rather than use a frame, I don't see how that could be 'shady' =] You have some strange ideas.

Vidics sends you to the videohosts site rather than use a frame, I don't see how that could be 'shady' =] You have some strange ideas.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Let me explain it to you. If you go to their site, and you click on a link, yes, it sends you to the link site. That is NOT what I am talking about. What I am talking about is how they have all of their links set to a plugin that sends other fake traffic. Yeah some of their traffic is legit, I never said all of their traffic is fake. About 90% of their traffic that comes from their site does not actually come from their site. If you look at referrers you will see a referrer that is legitimate and you will see many more referrers from them that are not legitimate that include /link/numbers same link, different referrers. Can you follow? Strange ideas... HAHA Probably should keep quiet if you don't know what you're talking about. I know you think that you're really smart, but maybe not as smart as you think you are.
http://imgur.com/kkhjxl3
kkhjxl3

Last edited:
Presuming its traffic sent to your video host from Vidics, I would say one of your users is submitting video links to Vidics & faking/boosting views on there uploads and setting a referrer from Vidics. Not actually 'Vidics' doing something 'shady'.

If someone fakes traffic on there uploads they have to set the referrer to some site they submit links to or it would be obvious they cheat right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back