Want help in managing dedicated server[Need Badly]

Status
Not open for further replies.

billgates

I have taken dedicated server from knowinservers.

They have provided me with ip address,username and password.

They told I can access my server with help of PUTTY software.

But I dont know how to use it.

pls anyone can help me.

pls pls pls pls :(

11 comments
lol, why do you buy it if you don't know how to manage it. :/

it's very similar to an VPS... but i guess that you didn't manage an VPS either, because then you would know how to do it with a dedicated one.

if your site doesn't have much traffic then just go with VPS or a shared hosting... till your traffic will increase, won't cost you that much.

Why the hell did you even bought it if you cant manage it and managing it aint a easy Job at all

If you are a T0tal noob, then spend some more bucks like $20 and hire someone to manage it fully for a month

PM me and I can help ya in your Job

Better that you're familliar with the linux commands than blindly following any tutorials on internet about setting up the server.

If you get any problems or questions, please feel free to ask .

Better that you're familliar with the linux commands than blindly following any tutorials on internet about setting up the server.
This ^ read up and learn what it is you want to do. Otherwise you'll find yourself stuck when the tutorials don't cover any road blocks you encounter, plus you're not likely to remember most of it for the future.

First time i used a VPS before dedi i knew nothing and i really wish i'd saved myself all the hair pulling by having learned what i wanted to do first instead of learning along the way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back