VPS6.net - Linux/Windows from $3.33/mo, 1Gbps, RAID5 10k SAS, Seedbox (USA, DE, TR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from vps6: "Upon further investigation, it appears that server2 suffered corruption to its system files during the RAID restore. I can access and copy any files that you need saved from the VPS, but in order to boot the server, we will need to do a clean reinstall."

Server1 suffered database failures and I was not able to get mediawiki to work correctly even after a repair and maintenance rebuild. Shortly before the service went down again.

I don't care about the data loss at all, that happens and is exactly why I maintain my own backup schedule with an unmanaged service.

It's the downtime that is frustrating, I just want to move on so I rebuild the servers, and get the data back on. As mentioned, I am just patiently waiting for the VPS to be transferred over. I understand that this can take time.

Ticket #674599

Last edited:
So is now not a good time to think about hosting with vps6?

I need comments from the clients and service provider about the "current" status please

Quote from vps6: "Upon further investigation, it appears that server2 suffered corruption to its system files during the RAID restore. I can access and copy any files that you need saved from the VPS, but in order to boot the server, we will need to do a clean reinstall."

Server1 suffered database failures and I was not able to get mediawiki to work correctly even after a repair and maintenance rebuild.

I don't care about the data loss at all, that happens and is exactly why I maintain my own backup schedule with an unmanaged service.

It's the downtime that is frustrating, I just want to move on so I rebuild the servers, and get the data back on. As mentioned, I am just patiently waiting for the VPS to be transferred over. I understand that this can take time.

Ticket #674599

I appreciate your patience and understanding. We'll do our best to get things back on track and moving forward in a good direction for you.

So is now not a good time to think about hosting with vps6?

I need comments from the clients and service provider about the "current" status please

VPS6.NET operates many, many host servers in several locations; this outage has affected 1 server in 1 of our locations. I won't deny that this recent outage has been far more inconvenient than anyone would have liked it to be, but I do not believe it is indicative of the general quality of our service in any way. As I mentioned above, we're working as quickly as possible to restore the high level of service we advertise to all affected clients.

Kind regards,

Sir you did not answer my question, is now a good time to get a vps setup? I want RO location.

What is your time frame for provisioning?

Do you have a large assignable IP pool and is there limits on how many I can order?

Sir you did not answer my question, is now a good time to get a vps setup? I want RO location.

What is your time frame for provisioning?

Do you have a large assignable IP pool and is there limits on how many I can order?

I apologize if my post was confusing -- yes, now is a good time to signup!

We can provision orders in Romania immediately, and while we have a large amount of IPs available, we typically do not assign more than 10 or 20 without strict justification.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Kind regards,

That will work for me.

Can I bring my own hosting cp?

While I have your attention I guess I will ask.

Is it immediate except for added IPs or what is provisioning time?

That will work for me.

Can I bring my own hosting cp?

While I have your attention I guess I will ask.

Is it immediate except for added IPs or what is provisioning time?

You may bring your own license, yes.

Depending on the number IPs you need, we can also provision them immediately after signup. It may take us 3-5 days to assign more than 5 IPs.

Kind regards,

Thank you! I talked with Chris, he answered my questions. I will see how you do. Pm me if you can do better the the standard discount with out long term commitments.

Which location is more stable to buy a VPS? USA? Romania? Turkey? Germany?

Los Angeles, Turkey, and Germany have sustained 99.99% uptime across all servers, so I would recommend these. Chicago is extremely good as well, it has suffered a few small problems simply due to the large number of servers there (5x more than any of the other locations). They should all be reliable. :)

I would like to ask for the update of my refund ticket #708195. the vps is already remvoe in my solus panel but still havent got my refund.

I would like to ask for the update of my refund ticket #708195. the vps is already remvoe in my solus panel but still havent got my refund.

Hi,

It looks like the ticket is In Progress for our billing management to proceed with. You can reply directly to the ticket to get an update from them. Due to the nature of the gateway you chose to make payment, we cannot automate refunds from the billing/support system. The refund will likely be done within 24 hours.

Kind regards,

Thats shocking as far as what is written there....

Praveer,

What's written there is mostly false allegation. LowEndTalk is notoriously a community of rumor mongers and conspiracy theorists.

VPS6.NET, LP is a registered company with offices, investors, and a business plan. We have been in operation for just over 7 months, and have a firm path of growth charted out over the next 24. We are aiming to compete with no less than the best-known hosting providers. You don't have anything to worry about. :)

Ah I know you mate since long......Your services are great...I have talked to Chris a lot but these days he not online....I am not taking it seriously atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back