VPS vs Shared Hosting Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 comments
You can read this post to know more detail and exactly what you want. These include Free hosting, Shared hosting, Reseller hosting, VPS and Dedicated server. Each will include 2 parts: Pros and Cons. View here

Good luck to you,

Let's Differentiate Shared and VPS hosting

A VPS gives you full root access and your site achieves a complete operational opportunity and freedom like dedicated hosting plan. One the other hand in Shared web hosting your host provide you a limited space in a server that is being shred with many other users.

You may differentiate shared and VPS hosting well if you explore this particular graphical Article. Those users who want to get suggestion about best and reliable Virtual server can get it from: How VPS is Better then Shared Web Hosting
Here is link:
islamabadwebhosting (dot) blogspot (dot) com/2016/04/how-vps-hosting-is-better-than-shared.html

it depend, on webhosting.. i have used profesional shared hosting in hawkhost, hostgator.. it can beat 1 GB RAM and 1 CPU Digital ocean..
DO 10 $ can't handle my site with W3 total cache having 10 k daily visitors.. but shared hosting in hawkhost and hostgator can.

i think it depend on resouce of VPS and CPU they used

Depends, personally I use both for different purposes. On a VPS which I keep without control panels and other fluff you would have issues giving access to "strangers", that is, if you sell sites, eventually you have to provide the new owner with the credentials for them to move the site, you don't want to give access to your VPS.

That's where shared and reseller accounts come in handy, as you can compartmentalize each site and provide the needed access without security worries.

In terms of performance, a VPS would likely perform better but without details about the configuration of the shared and vps accounts, there would be no guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back