Status
Not open for further replies.
6 comments
If you have experience being a sysadmin I say go for a VPS but if that doesn't interest you, go for a reseller package.

Well, if you want a long-term solution, then the VPS is definitely for you. However if you want to save money buying licenses (eg. cPanel, site builder plugins, all other plugins), you need to choose reseller hosting plans.
Generally, with VPS you are the ultimate "admin" and you need to set everything up, with a reseller account everything has been setup for you, however it's less flexible.

Well, if you want a long-term solution, then the VPS is definitely for you. However if you want to save money buying licenses (eg. cPanel, site builder plugins, all other plugins), you need to choose reseller hosting plans.
Generally, with VPS you are the ultimate "admin" and you need to set everything up, with a reseller account everything has been setup for you, however it's less flexible.

Thanks to your nice words and it may help me to plan for my hosting account.

VPS is the much same level with the dedicated server, so you can s=create reseller accounts but it is not fully a dedicated server. In a vps the amount of ram and CPU is allotted for your server.
Reseller is quite same with shared just ability with resell. So there is no doubt you will get more privileges if you choose vps hosting solution.

VPS vs reseller hosting

Which one is the best to our website?

Please discuss

Hi,
This totally depends on your requirements. As mentioned above, VPS gives you almost full root access and you need to buy additional licenses like cPanel etc depending on your needs to manage your websites. Where as a reseller plan will normally fetch you cPanel and all the other plug-ins, all inclusive of the cost of the plan. Reseller plan in normally opted by those people who want to manage lots of websites/domains on an exclusive server. VPS is a virtual(logical) slice of a server, not a physical separation. You can always purchase a cPanel license separately for VPS but in my opinion that is not required. You can use Virtualizor which is equivalent to cPanel. So I would conclude by saying that go for a good shared/VPS plan instead of reseller if you do not have websites to host with large resource requirements. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back