Status
Not open for further replies.

Anku31

I am new to the programming world & this is my first year in Computer Science & Engg.
I have just learnt the basics of C programming (basics of functions,arrays,pointers).
I thought i must take up a simple language myself too (I mean to learn myself) as I am learning C from my college as well as from an institute.

I don't know much but i think Visual Basic is a simple language which we can learn ourselves too (hopefully i am not wrong).I was reading about VB & got to know that VB6 was the last version & it got replaced by VB.NET.

So,i want to ask some experts that where should i start from?? Should i first learn VB6 & then go to VB.NET or directly start from VB.NET??

And also,please guide me with the compilers,text-books,etc.

Thank You.

7 comments
Stay away from VB6, go straight to VB.NET.

Why are you trying to learn two different languages at the same time? If you're learning C at college.. stick with that (learn more at home?). There is no point learning a language like VB.NET just because of its simplicity.

Well buddy let it be go one by one , else you will start getting confuse in both site , or you will not get getting concepts of either languages properly , just stick to your college , i guess if they are having c language atm then you will be getting C++ and others as well soon , so stick to the language which is going on your institute and college .

Well , i guess you are doing BCA ? or some BE in computers ? if yes then let it go . College got alots of languages more to go then .

thanks mate...ok will stick with C for now & learn it properly...yeah,m doing B.E. in Computer Science...

Code:
Should i first learn VB6 & then go to VB.NET or directly start from VB.NET??
Start with c#. The end result is almost same in VB.Net and C#. Difference is of syntax only. But c# syntax is similar to many other languages which will help you later too

There is no harm in learning other languages but first you should be very strong in one language, like how things work, about arrays , pointers , data structure. To start with c is a very good and extensive language. Improve your knowledge on C and then you can start learning VB.NET

They never teach me any languages in my college , they just ask me to write the program and get the output. Most of the colleges in india are like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back