Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikael Laine

Hello!

It's not a secret, that video ads are a great trend now.
Does anybody use prerolls or other kinds of video ads? What services are you using?
Can you share your experience please?

11 comments
I use manily pre-roll ads now. I mean there are time when you yourself don't want to pester users with constant ads that increases page load.

@shadyweb,

I don't know what you mean by that, IF you mean the ad-vetwork for prerolls on videos, then usualyl the wones I work with gives me leeway and doesn't care about what i host for the sake of me being that awesome or the videos itself, i just look offshore :/

@Mikael Laine

Well at a few points in time, there were decisions to be made, where I had the option to put in regular block ads (you know the rectangles that most likely increases page load by .50 seconds for every ad placement because of callbacks) or video ads (which mainly only affects videos)

At first I went with the ad placements, which were nice somewhat, but they just started getting in the way. And to e honest, when you're hosting a video related website, I and many other people (but not speaking for them) would prefer video ads of over videos than block ads, why? because "I" personally like designs of websites, and when I enter one, I want to see a site, not a site that looks like an ad. So then I decided to go with the video ads, The good thing about this is that "many" people come to watch videos, even if you have a community on the front end, the main reason people come to the site is to watch videos. (that goes for youtube,hulu, etc, etc.). but there's the problem of too many video ads in between.

Being a small website that I am, i will start from the bottom, and use pre-rolls, you know, just 1 ad pervideo and you can enjoy the rest of the video you are watching, that seems like a fair trade. It worked out pretty well. I mean if you tell your viewer-base that that's the condition, then im sure they will come to like it. With all that said i made around $250-$300 a day from videos during the old site's time, and bare in mind that I was a small site and wasnt really looking for bigs amounts of money, just enough so I could have the site servers up and maintained and the videos. So it was all good. (The reason I shut down my site was because of school, shit hits the fan when the last year of school kicks in. So i had to take precautions.) (This was all like 1-3 years ago, made a new site now so coming up with a similar plan right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back