Status
Not open for further replies.

gill

Banned
Banned
Check it out, the homepage has been redone and they are offering a discount.

Please Note: vBulletin 4.0 Forums and Publishing Suite are currently on sale at a substantial discount on a pre-sale basis. You will be able to download the latest release of vBulletin (3.8) as soon as your purchase is completed. You will be able to download the 4.0 releases of Forums and Publishing Suite as soon as they are released. These pre-sale discounts are available for a limited time only.

http://www.vbulletin.com

CMS_home.png

article_inline.png

20 comments
Yes SW bro its totally looks like IPB, then why users will buy this with $230 instate of buying ipb with $130

Exactly, I've said this before anything but some notes were known about vB 4 that they would continue to copy IPB's futures (which is rather logical considering that IPB is quite a step ahead of vB atm) and that it would be IPB 3 with a vB sticker on it. Well, I'm not far off :).

Yes Hyperz Bro Thats what i am saying now vb is copying all features of IPB slow by slow in there all upgrading version of 4.0 and they will loose all there clients those are willing to buy vb. instate of buy vb they will move for ipb and that extra $100 will be help them in the hosting perpose totally i can say that its very shit thing that they are copying also there is a news that mybb is also releasing 1.6 series and more feature lets see what they are doing wheather they are following vb or ipb.

No they wont, most clients will still play the ignorant "most sites use vB so it must be better" game :). Kudos to the few who actually try out various boards to come up with their own conclusion.

redneckhalloween.jpg

The front end may look like IPB but it' highly customizable because we have people like Phantom. The backend is nothing like IPB. IPB is about 19 MBS. VB is 12 MBS which means it's smaller and more efficient.

Ignorance again Brandon. What does the total size of the package matter? What matters is the amount of that which needs to be parsed per pageview and how efficient that code is. In that way IPB is far mor streamlined than vB, and has been since version 2. This is one of the main reasons why IPB still performs better than vB.

IE:
vB @ 12mb - 50% parsed/view = slow
IPB @ 18mb - 15% parsed/view = fast

;)

The front end may look like IPB but it' highly customizable because we have people like Phantom.

Phantom makes skins. Jellysoft are the ones that decide how customizable vB is. I can tell you for one that vB has nothing exclusive that can't be done on IPB. Infact, some things which would require a plugin in vB don't need one in IPB (saved performance again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back