Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.KiDO

Hi everyone, I have been trying to convert my forum to phpBB v3.0.11 and it gets converted as well but the only issue is the userid of my account.

6 comments
Total Number of users is 276. My ID in vBulletin is 1. When I convert vBulletin to phpBB the user id changes to 279. According to phpBB Support Team UserID 1 in phpBB is for Guest Account and UserID 2 is for the founder. But I don't get that UserID. And also UserID 2 is blank in phpBB after converting.

well, you can update id's then
after you have converted VB to PHPBB your id is 279, now you wana set it to 2.

PHP:
UPDATE Your_Table_Name
SET user_id =2
WHERE userid=279

*Before you make it live,
unit test it hard by loging in to your forum with different userid's. Ofcourse on your localhost

Good Luck! (y)

Now I am getting "You are not authorised to request a new password." when I try to reset password. But what might be the reason Its not setting my account id to 2? Is is it because last 4 registered users are spambots?

just login to your DB and change your pass. i'm not sure what encryption MySQL uses but give it a try.
and then update your id.
Remember keep a backup file and don't touch it, do all the manipulation on copied version

Just found it has something to do with group ids. The default group id is 5 for administrators but after converting it changes to 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back