VPS USA VPS just for browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rk

hi

i want a very very small USA VPS to just browse the internet through USA IP

speed: any
ram: any (but should resist with chrome/firefox or any browser)
disk space : any !

10 comments
Hi, i tried to setup Linux VPS according to this tutorial once. When Firefox was used,it eaten 300+ MB RAM

"Nowadays the real lightweight web browsers are those without JavaScript and Flash support or with a very limited one. Because a web browser even with the lightest interface becomes heavyweight working with the modern internet crammed with scripts and multimedia."

So it depends if you require flash and javascript

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_lightweight_web_browsers
Lightweight web browsers for Linux

I would advise VPS with 512MB RAM minimum for remote desktop.

Hi, i tried to setup Linux VPS according to this tutorial once. When Firefox was used,it eaten 300+ MB RAM

"Nowadays the real lightweight web browsers are those without JavaScript and Flash support or with a very limited one. Because a web browser even with the lightest interface becomes heavyweight working with the modern internet crammed with scripts and multimedia."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_lightweight_web_browsers
Lightweight web browsers for Linux

how much will cost me this ?

Hi, i tried to setup Linux VPS according to ** once. When Firefox was used,it eaten 300+ MB RAM

I'm running a vnc with firefox running 24/7 low-mid activity on a 128mb box.

To OP:
You said you want to browse with a US IP, why not get a VPN (setup one on a VPS or subscribe to a VPN service).

For the VPS setup, you can get a good one for $15/y with 128mb, enough to suit your needs.

For the VPN service, you can get 2 years with 45 IP locations (around 10 US IPs) with unlimited bandwidth for less than $5/2years.

All modern Firefox system requirements is usually around 512MB RAM. Maybe you have 128MB dedicated RAM and also some additional burstable or swap which allows you to run FF without issues. But i will not believe this until i see screenshot of the firefox window running, in it some website like facebook & youtube and a terminal window with command "ps aux | grep fire && free -m" both at same time. PS: i would love to know the configuration and processes you are running.

Last edited:
OVZ 128 with 128 Swap. I re-installed everything a few days ago since I no longer needed it. I'll re-install everything tomorrow and give you the screenshots.

Here is a solid VPS:

El Paso VPS (Xen)
$10.00
Core: 1 CPU
Disk: 50GB
RAM: 1GB
Port: 1Gbps Uplink
Bandwidth: 3TB
Address: 2 IPv4 & 2 IPv6

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Bluewelthost[/FONT][FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular] is one of the leading hosting provider for Netherlands & USA with best customer support.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Please check the below plan
[/FONT]

Processor : Quad Core Processor
Space : 50 GB
Bandwidth : 1Gbps Unmetered
RAM : 512 MB
IP : 1
Core : 1CPU
Price : $11.99/Mo.
Order Now

Last edited:
Status