URL Redirect Loop advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFUBAR

Hi, everyone.

Looking for a quick piece of help/advice with a Site URL Loop Redirection Error i'm getting.

my site currently redirects from

yoursite.com
to
yoursite.com/forum/forum.php

I've added a wordpress blog to my site and while i am building it and maintaining it, i don't want it to appear as my homepage yet @ yoursite.com/wordpress.

So when i go to yoursite.com/wordpress/wp-login.php Everything works fine right up until i try to view my wordpress...and it keeps redirecting me to my forums.

Can anyone explain why this is and what settings i need to alter, i'm to assume this is server side and nothing to do with my forum settings.

I run VB 4.2.2

3 comments
how do you redirect the page?
please post the code, so that we can take a look into this.
for me it looks like you will redirect everything that won't terminate in an explicit file to your forum.

how do you redirect the page?
please post the code, so that we can take a look into this.
for me it looks like you will redirect everything that won't terminate in an explicit file to your forum.

I managed to fix this, i was redirecting through my Cpanel, i wish i knew how i fixed it...but i did. I ended up making a new wordpress folder. and starting the installation from scratch and it all fixed it from there, it's all very peculiar why it wasnt doing a proper redirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back