Status
Not open for further replies.

doni

We’re all wondering what Google’s upcoming Nexus 7 tablet will bring to the market this year, but thanks to a leaked training document obtained by Gizmodo Australia, there’s no need to wonder any more. In addition to an image of the device, which you can see above, the document reveals almost everything we wanted to know about the Nexus 7.
The tablet will reportedly be built by Asus, and it will sport a 7-inch IPS display with a 178° viewing angle and a resolution of 1280 x 800. It will be powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM, and a GeForce 12-core GPU. There will be two different variants, according to the report — one with 8GB of storage and one with 16GB of storage — which will be priced at $199 and $249 respectively.
Although the Nexus 7 will not boast a rear-facing camera, it will feature a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera. It will also offer NFC connectivity, according to Gizmodo, and a 9-hour battery life. One of its biggest selling points, however, is that it will be the first device to ship with Android Jelly Bean onboard.
Details are scarce on Jelly Bean, but the slides tell us that Google will handle operating system updates from now on, which could address the fragmentation problem. We aren’t sure if this statement means that Google will handle all handset updates from Jelly Bean onwards, or if it just means it will handle it for the Nexus 7 going forward.
With prices starting at $199, the Nexus 7 is arguably the first Android tablet that provides the Kindle Fire with some real competition. And it should be enough to worry Amazon, too. Despite its skimpy price tag, the device has some very attractive features — like that quad-core CPU, GeForce GPU, Jelly Bean, and NFC — which blow the Kindle Fire’s specifications out of the water.
Are you looking forward to the Nexus 7?

Source:
Code:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/leak-reveals-design-specs-of-googles-upcoming-nexus-7-tablet/

13 comments
Holy Mother of God :o

n7gaC.jpg

That's a nice gadget you have there. :P
I'd buy it, the price is very reasonable. It's actually quite cheap.

As soon as it comes out in the stores, I am definitely buying one of them... when I figure out what to do with a tablet offcourse. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back