Unofficial wjunction irc channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't write official if it isn't. Take an example of the WBB irc.. You need to message a bot your username and pass and it confirms by connecting to the database..
I don't want idiots talking shit using my name.. :-/

Their were a good few using this yesterday when it was released. It's ok but it's not official and unlikely to ever be. There was a lot of abuse of usernames at the time. These sorta things can work on WBB and other sites where they don't have a chatbox. As WJ does I never see this really taking off. Good fun though.

What I have in mind for security:

Bot for clones,spam,etc...
The staff of wjunction must pm me here and register with nickserv and I will add the user to the chanserv SOP list so you will get auto OP.

Any other ideas are always welcome!

11 people are in the channel atm,keep it up guys.

Bot are the way to detect spams/clones/etc...
anyway unregistred nicknmaes should be silenced and anyone who have registred their nicknames have to PM you(you or any other OP in the channel) here in the forum (Just to make sure that it's him who registred his nickname).
well that was just an idea but you need the forum staff to cooperate with you on this.
A bot like in WBB irc channel can do the work and give a voice to members who gives correct login details.But this can bring up security issues cause giving up passwords in plain text on IRC isn't that great idea.

I went to this and it's obviously shut down...

I would love for this to come back, I love IRC. I even made an WJ IRC Channel back in 2009 before this one, and it was pretty popular! We got 10-11 people using it everyday.

We really need an official WJ IRC Channel, it would be so much fun.

I mean the only way to make it "official" is if it has a link in the header somewhere. It can't be posted as a thread or a pinned topic.

Anyone willing to re-start this up? Tippie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back