Status
Not open for further replies.

Depaq

Hello.

I wanted to ask around here before I go messing around and breaking something. I'm looking for how to add a second fully functional website to piggyback off my forums VPS server. The forum is tied to the web root already, so how do I add another website that would be independent of the first and have its own domain? Even if it isn't completely independent, I just want one to be able to have it running as well.

I have cpanel if that makes this easier.

Thanks.

5 comments
Dont you have WHM installed? Web Host Manager, or WHM, is a powerful program that allows administrative access to the back end of cPanel.

Last edited:
Go to addon domains on cpanel and just add a new domain and point that domain to your nameservers on your reigstrar side. After you add a new domain, there will be a new folder directory created which will probably be called YOURDOMAIN.COM/ so install the new site there..

I was able to add a new account using WHM and it created a new cpanel for it. I got it to where I can access the website files to start configuring it and all, which is great, but now with it supposedly being finished, I can't navigate off the home page without getting a 404 not found error. So kind of can't do anything with it.

I'm wondering if this is just a problem with the software or if I set it up wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back