Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahrukh

twitter-file-670.jpg

KARACHI: Social networking website Twitter has been restricted in Pakistan, Dawn News reported on Sunday.

According to the ministry of information technology, the website was banned due to blasphemous and inflammatory content. Calls for particiaption in inflammatory contests were being made on Twitter and it was due to this that such a step was taken.

Twitter is very popular in Pakistan and is also used by many prominent politicians and law-makers.

SOURCE :

http://dawn.com/2012/05/20/twitter-banned-in-pakistan/

Facebook in 2010 was Banned for the same reason![]

39 comments
^ No one complains them

@ OP : I think its a good move considering whats stated

But it will be restored in a week or so

yeah i also can't have access to twitter anymore :( ..... I wish FB also got banned asap.

I am trying to get a girlfriend , lot of shity people get alot and i didn't got one :(

it should be banned :P

who cares twitter is shit in compared to FB , no one use them in Pk :)

Well, if you're talking about snooping on everybody's life, to what beach did they go yesterday, who are they dating and how much they loved the last episode of Jersey Shore... yes, twitter is shit compared to Facebook.
:facepalm:

good move if it is due to stated reason. it website's responsibility to control the content which is offensive to particular community! plus nobody cares about twitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back