Track every single person separately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate Upton

suppose you have 5 employee working to generating traffic for your website. now how will you track which employee generating how much traffic? how will you track every single person separately?

5 comments
One simplest way is to give a separate link to each employee and track the traffic on that link, like modifying link to www.example.com/?source=empname or you can check for referrer header if you know the source from where each employee is generating traffic. And forget about accuracy in this case

If they are generating traffic via direct link to your site then you can make a small script and save results in database, give a unique URL to each one

http://yoursite.com/index?emp=1
http://yoursite.com/index?emp=2
etc etc

You can setup in your script to not count visits from same IP or some other options.

And if you are not in programming stuff and can use indirect link to your site then you can try to find any link shortening service which also provide analytics for visits and generate a short link for each of your employ.

One simplest way is to give a separate link to each employee and track the traffic on that link, like modifying link to www.example.com/?source=empname or you can check for referrer header if you know the source from where each employee is generating traffic. And forget about accuracy in this case

Please share some details about this process. my website is developed by wordpress so how can I make links like your example for home page or targeted landing page? please share step by step.

---------- Post added 8th May 2013 at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th May 2013 at 06:13 PM ----------

Hi,

I've understood it. and created tracking URL like this way: www.example.com/?source=empname
but now my question is how will I track those 5 people separately through traffic tracker? how will I do it through google analytic or through statcounter? please reply me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back