Top 10 Scripting Languages You should Learn in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk-hassan

Top_10_Scripting_Languages_You_should_Learn_in_2021.jpg

Scripting languages are used to write different scripts that contain several commands and are interpreted one by one at the runtime instead of compiling before running. Generally, Scripts are associated with web development and give instructions to the server, web browser, or standalone application to make dynamic web applications.

Keep in mind, all scripting languages are programming languages, but not all programming languages are scripting languages, so you need enough technical knowledge to use the appropriate one. Most popular coding languages such as PHP, JavaScript, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, and many others are scripting languages.

1. JavaScript

JavaScript is Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language in which objects are reused as prototypes, and it has first-class functions (treated as variables). It is known as the best implementation of ECMA-262 Standard of scripting languages and uses the same syntax as ECMAScript; therefore, it doesn’t have a standalone specification.

It is not limited to frontend web development; it can be used in runtime and non-browser environments. Moreover, shells of some NoSQL and relational database management systems such as MongoDB and aforementioned use it as a scripting language.

Full Article Source: https://www.temok.com/blog/top-10-scripting-languages/

8 comments
I've been hearing that python > PHP but PHP has more support and in recent years improve alot prove me wrong!
Post automatically merged:

btw, if you were to learn javascript would Java be the next step up?

Last edited:
Whoever wrote this article has been living under a rock for the last 20 or so years. VBA? Perl? Bash? Ruby? Yeah, no... This article is nothing more than useless and misleading blog spam. Python and/or Javascript (depending on what you want to work on) are the two main ones to learn in 2021. Forget about everything else on that list. PHP is handy to know when you're dealing with legacy software but it's not what you want to be using for new projects. R is good for people who want something close to C++ levels of performance without having to deal with memory pointers, but it is not a scripting language so it shouldn't be in that list either. Edit: was thinking of Rust. R is something different. TL;DR: terrible article.
Post automatically merged:

btw, if you were to learn javascript would Java be the next step up?

JS has nothing to do with Java at all. They are completely different languages designed for completely different use cases. Java is like a less feature complete C# (think of it as a high-level C++ that runs on a VM instead of bare metal), but with better cross-platform compatibility.

Last edited:
Well, I would say that this article is pretty... debatable :D. I mean, what is Perl doing on that list?! PHP in second place? Python in 6th place? Seriously? I don't think anyone has used Perl in the last decade, while python is undoubtedly in the top 3 most used and useful programming languages.

with my meager experience, as someone totally newbie to the field I some input:

firstly, pyThon is an AMAZING tool if you want to get things off the ground immediately,
took me 3 days to loosely scrap up whatever's needed from searching github and stackoverflow to do some stuff,

but if you're someone that wants to be a freelancer and get started asap,
I would say learn is this order:

1.) html, css, or graphic design (logos)
2.) PHP, mySQL (target wordpress themes, plugins, fixed, etc)
3.) JavaScript, NodeJS, Angular, ReAct
4.) pyThon

I started out with python but it didn't put food on the table as I didn't have a project to grow,
cause I was mainly using wordpress as my main CMS to do blogs,

so why reinvent the wheel, so I went back to PHP and found that it's a very "loose" language,
although you can code PHP using best practices if feels so while and unstructured coming from JavaScript and python.

but hey, got things going pretty fast as once I got the hang of mySql and how database works, finally understood all those coding jargons in PHP it felt AMAZING,

now I can just sit there whole day reading other programming language and playing around with side projects in mind. SQL is a MUST!

just my 2 cents.

Thank you for sharing this article, I have to say Python and Javascript are quite the biggest and most in demand programming languages in 2021.

We are yet to see what takes lead in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back