Top 10 Home Security Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohom

There are many different ways oftrying to protect your home fromintruders and one of the hardest parts of implementing a home security system can be in working out which one to choose. To help you out here are 10 of the best and most popular ideas.:yu:
10. A Dog
security-dog.jpeg

The first home security idea here is also the most low tech one. Humans have used canines to keep away intruders for centuries but does this system work? Well, there are many advantages to owning a dog but anyone who has watched a few movies knows that they are sometricks for getting round them as well. A dog is a great complement to any home security but probably shouldnt be your only choice.
9. An Electronic Dog
electronic-security-dog.jpeg

If you dont like to clean up dog hairs from around the house or leave out food every day then maybe an electronic barking dogdevice could work better for you.These work by detecting intruders and making a sound which is designed to scare off intruders. Of course, if the thief works out that it isnt a real dog then the system isnt going to do much good.
8. A Webcam App
webcam.jpg

A simple but reasonably effective way to protect your home is to set up a surveillance system usinga PC, a webcam, your smartphoneand a special app. Many of these apps are free and the system is easy to set up. The big drawback is that it only covers a limited amount of your property.
7. An Electronic Door Stop
Electronic-Door-Stop.jpeg

The previous points are all thingswhich can be reasonably effective but which you wouldnt want to use on their own. The same applies to this idea, which is basically a wedge which jams the door and squeals when it is forced open. Sometimes the simple ideas can be very effective, though.
6. A Virtual Fence
virtual-fence.jpg

From simple pieces of technologywe now move onto a very complex one. Virtual fences involve buried cables and sensorsand provide a pretty comprehensive way of securing aproperty. The one big drawback is that it is massively expensive, which would explain why you wont find many houses with thistechnology and why it isnt higher up on this list. It may be one for the future and the technology is also used in border fences.
5. A Fog Screen
Fog-Screen-security.jpg

Another expensive and high tech security system involves shrouding the thief in fog and then shrieking an alarm in their ears. The fog screen is starting to get more popular, although at the moment it is more commonly found on business premises than in private homes.
4. A Biometric Fingerprint Reader
biometric-fingerprint.png

We might as well stick with the latest technology with this one aswell. A biometric fingerprint reader allows the homeowner to secure certain doors and parts of the house so that only that they or other authorised people can enter.
3. A CCTV System
CCTV-System.jpeg

A more classic home security system is the CCTV system. The fact that the thief knows that they are being watched means that it can be a hugely effective deterrent. The popularity and success of CCTV systems means that there is also now a market for cheap fake cameras which often look very much like the realthing.
2. A Burglar Alarm
Burglar-Alarm.jpg

Of course, there are few ways to secure a property which are better than a top quality burglar alarm. We could talk about the modern technology used to detect intruders and avoid false alarms but perhaps it would be better to let the criminals explainwhy these devices are so good. A recent study in the US shows that more than 80% of thieves look tosee whether there is a burglar alarm or not before attempting to break in.
1. A Burglar Alarm with Smartphone App
GS4-Lumia-920-Z101.png

Finally, if a burglar alarm is good then one which comes with a smartphone app has to be even better. Top firms such as ADToffer free apps which let you control the system when you are away from home, giving you an even better degree of control over the protection of your home.

Source: http://www.gizmocrazed.com/2013/06/top-10-home-security-systems/

Last edited by a moderator:
11 comments
Please don't forget to add the source URL in the thread in your upcoming threads. (And avoid copy/pasting as much as possible., These threads are pointless unless you have unique content. )

Its depends on you that how much security you need.Because you can't access all this things.But according to your situation you can choose some of these and also you may need some monitoring and security company to take alert and quick security action.

I have had my own designed alarm system I made with an Arduino, some magntic sensors and some PIR sensors. It's based on a iPhone app I use to turn off the system and I can also enter the code into the console.

Dog vs Electronic System

I think that the best security system & friend of people are dogs and it will be no.1 for me all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back