This is something new: RapidPlayer.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're basically breaking Rapidshare's TOS by sharing one premium account using a third party service (this), which means they could shut you down if they wanted to, correct?

@Lifetalk in fact we are sharing multiple rapidshare premium accounts but yes. debrid sites are doing this for a long while

All I'm saying that your entire affiliate model depends on the fact that Rapidshare doesn't shut you down. So one day you could be doing well, the next you could not; which then puts in to question the stability of your affiliate program/website itself.

@lifetalk that is right, in theory they can shut us down, but belive me, we made it really hard for them to do so

we are running this technology on one of our high traffic tv show site for almost 6 months now and we received no complaints from rapidshare. in fact they keep giving us free rapids which we use to make new premium accounts.

well the idea is good but u can do this with a rapidshare pre account ,a wild internet download manager , and video lan player and as a plus you can add subtitles to it in your own language.
i have been looking for something similar in mind but to use as a streaming host.Something like a playlist and subtitle feature would be great.

A firefox/chrome addon will give you wings and of course more accounts.I beleive biggest ones are filefactory,bitshare......your site seems very similar to put io before the 7/11 of filesharing....i hope you last long....good luck my friend

thanks for your comments animusatra. subtitle feature is something we are thinking on doing. the problem is to be able to do that we have to build our own flash player which is bit time consuming but its definitely possible

we are working on adding more hosts, ff and bitshare is definitely on our list.

You should just try to write some signed java applet to post rapidshare download url to a player, then stream it. That way everyone would be able to stream with free download mode (after all, java applets are client side scripts, ninjavideo site used them too) and without using your servers. If i could write that applet i would do it... but i can't.

@mahjong not sure i understand correctly what you are saying but if i do: it's bit more complex than that. rapidshare has a restriction how many ip can use the same premium account. if i was using a java applet than rs would see the client's ip and i would get banned in a sec (believe me, i tried and failed miserably). with servers its not a problem because rs only sees the server ips

@happygal: answered your pm

@rafat we will start paying for embedded views this week, stay tuned

botter: a signed java applet would run on the client side. There is no need for premium account, you could just write an applet that would get the download link to the video file and pass it back to php or some cgi script which would then play it. It would be the same as you would try to download a file but instead of downloading you copy/paste the direct link to the file and stream it with divx webplayer, for example. (of course in this case you better write a script to a host which gives resumable direct link to free downloaders, its rare but there are such hosts)
You could write a script like that to any kind of filehost. But only a signed java applet is capable of such things.

Last edited:
@mahjong: have you tried using rapidshare as a free user recently? it is really slow. your idea would work with a simple ajax script as well but the speed is just no good

botter: well, you could always make it work with other hosts. Just imagine, if you make it work, i'm sure the warez world would use it (imagine adding a host that actually plays for downloads, making it able to stream without the streamer noticing the real source). Your service would be only a barebone player, which would play any video hosted on filehosts (which you write scripts for) so you wouldn't be liable for the content played through your player, but you would still be able to put up shitload of advertisements and popup making a lot of money.
Sadly ajax won't work as ajax can't work cross domain. Only signed java applets can. Believe me, i would have written the script already if it would be possible in javascript.

@jups: we were adding new servers during the last couple of week. we didn't notice any downtime at all

@mahjong; we are working on adding other hosts. you are wrong about ajax. it works with cross domain if the server handles it, and most of the case they do (believe me, i'm working for a company where we do 3 billion cross domain ajax requests / month). i will go back from my holiday tomorrow and I have great plans to make the service much better. stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back