Status
Not open for further replies.

greatdn

What will be the next big trend? We have seen many advances in the past 10 years or so, what will be the next viral trend.

6 comments
Probably continued aggregation of social media into gaming. Also as soon as infrastructure allows we'll see GAAS (Gaming as a service), where games are streamed directly to your console. We've already seem the start of this.

I think one of the new trends, will be so called "Anonymouse networks" like Tor.
People want to stay anon on the internet. Since NSA popped up all over the news, they gone crazy.

KimDotCom started a project, quick interview here: [video=youtube;vvwe9nGVkxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvwe9nGVkxQ[/video]

People are already pretty much anonymous, you only need to use tor+vpn+encyrption if your doing something shady or a well known person. The rest of the people blend in with each other. People like kim dotcom need to stop scaring people with BS about the NSA.

Last edited:
People are already pretty much anonymous, you only need to use tor+vpn+encyrption if your doing something shady or a well known person. The rest of the people blend in with each other. People like kim dotcom need to stop scaring people with BS about the NSA.

But as you can see it's working. Alot of people want to stay hidden.
Some do it because they do shady stuff on the net, some experiment just for fun. But because of them, there's quite a good profit to be made from projects like these. Personally i just enjoy following the projects, research on the parts i find interesting. And then try to replicate them. Not because i earn anything, but i learn so much from it. And my mates are having a good time being a part of it.

2014 i predict to be the year of internet hiding services. People is getting fed up by hearing how NSA spy on people. And how the giants like Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Apple etc. Is working with them. I have to admit i was shocked a little, when i heard about what was going on. But on the other site i wasen't.

When the NSA thing got out, people went crazy. I just can't understand why. We knew things like these happend before Snowden and others leaked information about it. Is it really because people were shocked by the scale of it? Or did they really think that nothing on the internet get's logged?

This could really be a good debate imo.

-My english is not the best, so if there's parts you don't understand. It's my fault for not writing properly. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back