The End of Rapidshare (for money making monkeys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the future RapidShare will use a classic hosting model which means that not only the storage space but also the traffic created will be paid solely by the owner of the file. The prices will not change. With RapidPro you automatically have unlimited traffic for your own downloads of your files and the downloads by your contacts. Additionally you have 30 GB public traffic per day. The recipients of your files have no download limitations whatsoever regardless of if they have RapidPro, a free account or no account at all!

The new system will be released on 27.11. At the same time we will release the final version of RapidDrive 1.0 for Windows and we will present you with a completely revised website, which will make it even easier for you to manage your files and contacts. So, for saving backups and for daily distribution of big files, RapidShare is the best solution!

8 comments
Thoughts on present day RapidShare

I operate my own link sharing site and a couple members produce a sum of about 20GB a day of flash video content consisting of Adult Webcam Girls which they collect throughout the day. We've found that since this is unique material that they are producing that it is most effective to simply upload the content to RapidShare and then use the Remote Web Upload feature that most file hosts offer (and almost always offer for RapidShare).

This way when some knucklehead who thinks the Webcam Girl on the screen is going to marry them for issuing False-DMCA claims has the link removed, all they have to do is simply re-transfer the file again which only takes a minute or two (typically max 200 files per queue). I can tell you that one guy in particular performed this procedure daily for two months straight to keep a link alive on RapidGator, but eventually RapidGator blocked the file's md5 hash. At that point all they have to do is re-encode the flash video and/or re-RAR it with a sparse txt file, then re-upload to RapidShare and start all over again :)

I've also noticed that FileServe is still in business & I am aware that they operated out of a datacenter in Pennsylvania, does anyone know if FileServe has been kept afloat by users performing similar operations or have they gone the route of being a shitty boring file-level backup company like Intronis?

Oh & what did I do to that nuisance user continuously filing False-DMCAs? I analyzed the page's traffic, figured out who it was & modified the server so that each page takes 2 minutes to load, each link opens up a random page on the site 30% of the time, they experience WSoD 30% of the time, & a couple other little "features" that would make them believe that my site is borked, therefore they think they won the battle in their feeble mind:) To me handling trolls like this is more effective than outright banning them, because anyone can easily avoid website bans....

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

I'm actually installing RapidLeech in a VM on my dedicated server to see if this improves the RapidShare to FileHost... Will report back with my findings in a couple of hours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back