Tajmahal

• Love Symbol

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • A Hindu Temple

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never being to Taj Mahal nor do I live in India but this is what I know, Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan and you guys ask why does it follow the Hindu Vastrasmth, it's because Mughal's would blend in with the city/state's culture, even know he was a muslim, he respected Hinduism and that's the reason about the Vastrasmth.

Also, IF it was a Hindi Template, why does it have domes just like a mosque?

About having tons of wives, you got to remember Lord Rama had 3 wives YET he loved the first one most. It was like the "trend" in those ages for the kings to have many wives but you could still love one the most.

Just my opinion, I might be wrong and I am not going to read the links, it's really long, cbf.

I have never being to Taj Mahal nor do I live in India but this is what I know, Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan and you guys ask why does it follow the Hindu Vastrasmth, it's because Mughal's would blend in with the city/state's culture, even know he was a muslim, he respected Hinduism and that's the reason about the Vastrasmth.

About having tons of wives, you got to remember Lord Rama had 3 wives YET he loved the first one most. It was like the "trend" in those ages for the kings to have many wives but you could still love one the most.

Just my opinion, I might be wrong and I am not going to read the links, it's really long, cbf.
lul what? Lord Rama, three wives :O Whom are you talking about? :))

it was built by the muslims under the Mughal empire. the emperor built it in the memory of his favorite wife. :)
Fav. wife thts y she died in 14th Delivery n after her death he marry to her sister. Is this Love??

Dude if u don't knw about Gods please leave it. Lord Rama had only One Wife n her name is Goddess SITA.
n maybe Shahjah respect Hinduism but there no need to keep Hindu's symbol.
it is Like everybody respect other Religion but they don't need their symbol in his home. (I respect Christianity, Islam, Buddhism but i don't need to their symbol in my home.)

Unfortunately I have never seen the Taj Mahal in real life but I would love to. It is such a wonderful building and I think it is amazing if you stand in front of it. I am absolutely of the opinion that the Taj Mahal is a symbol of love.

acc what i heard from people is
before the tajmahal was built there,there used to be a hindu temple there someone demolished the temple and built that masterpiece,but some say that the temple is still present down somewhere and nobody is allowed to go or see it

its not a true story i think you guys have to read the old books not by this author :)
prove it or gtfo
Taj Mahal is a Mosque :)
Yes, but it was forcibly acquired by Shah Jahan and later converted the temple to a mosque.
it was built by the muslims under the Mughal empire. the emperor built it in the memory of his favorite wife. :)
Afaik, prove it for gtfo.

Read the fucking damm text on these links, and then post something constructive. Get something real useful to support your reply.

You are wrong. Read this.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The lotus flower cap on the head of the dome is a Hindu feature. Muslim domes are bald.[/FONT]

lol, Lord Ram, had only 1 wife.

lol one last post in this idiotic 'debate' [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Stephen Knapp is not a historian , he is some one real historians laugh at .

now coming to taj , of course it was build by shah jahen , a fast lesson in history i will give you just 2 or 3 fast facts, before the coming of Muslims to India, Indian architecture did not know the concept of arches and domes , look at any old temple from ancient india. 2] at the time of mughals especially shah jahen the mughal empire was at it's peak , financially the cost of building the taj will go into billions now and if you don't know then a fast fact again , the taj was plated in gold and covered in most expensive diamonds and other stones , look very carefully and you will see the marks left, the British looted that off , any way no ruler from the hindu era which ended at 1150 A.D with the death of Harsha vardhan the last hindu king of major influence over north India was capable of building a monument of that size and grandeur [just learn to live with histroy and facts] .

coming to mumtaz mahal she was shah jahen's not only his favorite wife but the most powerful person in the empire , the court of 'forty' it was called or chalishua it was called , in the later part she was infact more powerful then shah jahen himself, of course he had many wives which any king or emperor from any part of the world in any age , from any religion had !

finally Taj IS NOT A MOSQUE, for god's sake it is a moselum, Mr. Stephen kamp that jerk could have at least got this right the entire world knows this so of course it does not face west as any mosque would, and now coming to 'that music hall' have you ever heard about Sufism , a large part of that invokes sing of 'qwalis' in praise of god , if you have seen any hindi movie then you would get that am saying , there a lot of movies filmed at grave sides, and still is a on going practice .

and finally this guy has also said Hinduism and Christianity are same , now don't start another debate but a good Hindu would know Hinduism is not a religion it is a philosophy and or a way of life which came from the vedas. [ [well this for another topic'

p.s i did waste 3 years in doing my .B.A in Indian history , then another 2 doing my masters in medieval in Indian history from Cambridge , then another 4 years in doing my amphil plus doctors in same subject :P but this is forum and i don't take net trolls seriously so the post is tad short or i could have written a 1000 page paper on this.
[/FONT]

lol its not temple. making topics without knowledge.
and no one worshiping it, nor praying SHAHJAHAN, MUMTAZ or bouncer
all are just loving theArchitecture and how beautiful Taj Mahal is.
please don't make unnecessary self questions, where no one thinking like that
every one knows the story.

1 MUMTAZ WAS SHAHJAHAN'S 4TH WIFE OUT OF HIS 7 WIFES!!!!!!!!

ans. true!

2 SHAHJAHAN KILLED MUMTAZ'S HUSBAND TO MARRY HER !

ans. false!

3 MUMTAZ DIED IN HER 14TH DELIVERY !

ans. dont know abt it!

4 THEN SHAHJAHAN MARRIED MUMTAZ'S SISTER !

ans. dont know abt it!

5 THERE WERE THOSAND OF LABOUR'S HAND CUTED BY SHAHJAHAN AFTER BUILD THE TAJMAHAL !

ans. true (coz no more tajmahal)

6 THE ARCHITECT OF THE TAJ MEHAL WAS KILLED BY SHAHJAHAN !

ans. false!

as they both r muslim,and its made by shahjahan for mumtaj so i dont think it can be a hindu temple!

It doesn't matter - I had the chance to visit India for 2 weeks and we had a great tour guide. The guide simply explained that the site will become a grave in couple hundred years as the government does not control the pollution in the region.

As to whether a Hindu temple existed there, there were no mentions about it.

However, I did visit the Qutb Minar(another graveyard, considered to be a monument) and was told that there existed several Hindu and Jain places of worship which were destroyed and people were murdered to create this piece of history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qutb_Minar

The Qutub Minar is itself built on the ruins of the Lal Kot, the Red Citadel in the city of Dhillika, the capital of the Tomars and the Chauhans, the last Hindu rulers of Delhi. The complex initially housed 27 ancient Hindu and Jain temples, which were destroyed and their debris used to build the Qutb minar.

Quite evidently the Mughals had the tendency to destroy Hindu temples and structures in order to discourage Hinduism.
We all the know that the "Babri Masjid" was built over a "Lord Ram" temple, and the "Qutub Minar" built from the ruins of various Hindu and Jain temples.

If you must know, during the Mughal rule over India, Muslims were given a lot of preference, they had to pay less taxes and could acquire land more easily etc. Most of the Muslims who live in India today were forcibly converted to Islam, for example the "Ansaris". I see a lot of people with Muslim names but they know nothing about the Quran, they live like Hindus and even talk like them. You see the thing about Islam
is that, you can convert from any other religion to being a Muslim, but once you are a Muslim you are not allowed to change you're religion.

There are reasons why the origin of the Taj Mahal is being debated upon:
1. Firstly, "Mumtaz Mahal" was not even the real mane of Shah Jahan's wife. If you understand a bit of Urdu, you'd know "Mahal" means building. Nobody at that time had a name with "Mahal" on it.
2. There are Vedic influences on the Taj Mahal simple because it was constructed by Hindu and Muslim architects alike. Architects were hired from Rajasthan etc.

I am 100% sure that there are distortions in history of "Taj Mahal". Not all that we know, hear about it is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back