Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitIce

As a long time client of this host (2 years+), I feel I have alot to say about this host.

Network & Hardware Quality
Despite misgivings their general uptime is pretty good. We where hosted on a VMWare instance that seemed to perform ok. Only once had issues with IPs being double allocated so it seemed clients could take whatever IP they wanted, there was no protection against that. Uptime was pretty good though, and bandwidth was well routed and diverse.

Support
Pretty poor some support tickets went for 48hours without a response, the average was about 8hours. Howeaver good uptime meant it didnt get used much, so only an issue when the shit hit the fan.

Why I don't recommend people use them
Woke up today, they deleted my VPS (Data too!) without prior warning of any kind. In addition to this, after a conversation I was deleted from WHMCS account and all support tickets (so hope of response).

I supply the following email log for your information:
2LEwZ.png

The cause of their misgivings was supplied, with no action for recourse. We host 22 clients on this service, so it is understandable we get the odd person who causes issues (before being transferred to a DDOS protected service or removed). As we have done in all cases (well the 3 cases we have been made aware of).

Unprofessional behavior like this is unacceptable, should I have been remiss in my backuping data could have been lost. Imagine all your hard work going down the drain! I don't feel we should allow this kind of thing hence why I am requesting the banning of the swedendedicated user and the removal of its threads.

EDIT: Thanks to Tippie for helping with the client transition, couldnt have done it without him!

Last edited:
3 comments
I feel obliged to reply to this, even though it's an old topic. You should think about what you are doing to other clients, your service caused downtime of several hundreds of people. We received a very large ddos attack of 50Gbit. I think most people will understand that this in violation with our TOS which clearly says that ddos attacks both incoming and outcoming can result in termination. This was not the first time it happened. We have solutions for this but I don't think you would want to pay a lot of money for anti

Sigh this was posted in 2013...

Anyone who reads that email is going to agree that immediate termination, and deletion of all data is gross misconduct in any degree. No evidence was ever supplied in this case, or any further communication received.

I stand by the review, even if we have moved on as a company to become much larger (without any services from this company). Given that we now specialize in providing DDoS protection I can easily say that the cost of DDoS protection is perfectly reasonable, when approached the right way.

Anyway as we have moved on, Mods please lock this thread - no need for further necro posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back