Status
Not open for further replies.

ebd

I am wondering what sort of demand is here for renting 24 and 36 * 3 or 4TB drive servers (supermicro 4U with enterprise drives and hardware RAID) in Netherlands (Amsterdam), on 1gbit (expect 300mbit average outgoing) or 10gbit (expect 1500mbit average outgoing) connections.I am currently looking to pivot to selling dedicated servers but wanted to get a feel for demand, there seem to be very few dedicated providers catering for bulk storage serversSo do you need a lot of storage and bandwdith for your filehosting project? Who do you rent from at the moment? and if you dont mind saying roughly how much, I am definately looking to undercut and more importantly if customer is willing to wait can construct custom server to your specs (SSDs, more ram and cpu etc)

5 comments
We would like to get some offshore (to use EU is offshore) storage. It's always good to have some backup space online accessible at high speed internationally.

In terms of what we would be willing to pay, not much sadly, because it would be for backup storage only (not so much file sharing). That being said, there's no reason it should cost much at all. A small server (or a NAS) filled with 4TB HDDs in a RAID configuration would probably more than suffice. Say 12TB+ usable space for 100 Euros a month or less would be quite attractive. For us, there wouldn't be a great deal of data transfer though... Right now looking at collocating one of those NAS boxes in Lithuania.

Last edited:
Most customers buying for bulk storage prefer contacting DC and get it. That's what I've seen here.

PS: Thread cleaned of unwanted content and user infracted for spam.

Most customers buying for bulk storage prefer contacting DC and get it. That's what I've seen here.

What do you mean? Is demand for large online storage hosting non existent other than when dealing directly with the DC?

What do you mean? Is demand for large online storage hosting non existent other than when dealing directly with the DC?

File hosters deal with DC directly, well that's what I've heard all this while. I could be wrong, who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back