Status
Not open for further replies.

Perl

Is there a way to stop / an auto posters

i have limited the groups to max posting per day to 20 still the CPU load goes over 10 most of the time i am in powerful VPS

Is there a way i can make a group enter captcha every time when they create a new post

Any mod ?

I use ipb 3.1.4

44 comments
Until they are posting correctly no need to worry about Autoposters
they are the ones who get traffic for your forum...

What traffic?? From the thousands of AP'ers that are out there they are all posting the same stuff on every board. That's not so original don't you think.
And what bothers me the most that the AP'ers just doing this to "earn" some so-called money. Get real and get a real job!

And if the links would stay longer alive then it would be more acceptable, but just because they post their links on hundreds of forums the links die within a week. As a result of that, staff people from all those board have a full time job finding all the dead links on the forums and remove the topics/threads. And the forums that are not have staffs or less staff do not have the time to remove all the "dead link topics" and wind up with a database with all crap topics with dead links.
So if a visitor comes to a site and finds out that all the search queries he does on a particular download he wants wind up having dead links. What do you think he will say?? --> "Damn site, all the links are dead, I'll need to go somewhere else to get my stuff"

This is not the traffic/reputation we want.

Finally the Rules Method have worked

I dont have any more autoposters posting shitty crap now even Google gets everything indexed properly

I have about 10% post now of the few thousands posts everyday even though i limited 20 posts a user :facepalm: :facepalm: but the 10% is of great quality now :)

I dont even submit to DDL nowadays still i get steady direct and SE traffic :)

Thx guys for all help :)

you cant beat autposters specially the upcoming multiposter 7 which will have custom plugin system , which means we can code a plugin only for your forums according to your rules pwnd lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back