Starting a SMS Sending portal, Ideas Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZ

Banned
Banned
Hi Wj,:sun:
As the Title says that i m wishing to start a Free Sms Service.:facepalm:
But i don't have any idea how to start and whr to start.
Ideas are Highly Appreciated and i can use my personal Sim to Send SMS using GSM cards etc..
My Target is Free Sms to Pakistan right now!!

Last edited:
16 comments
You cant use your sim to send sms through ur portals. You need get bulk sms from gateway and integrate it. And it will cost you more money.

You can do it two ways, one is cheap, the other method is stupid.

What you're supposed to do: Contact many different mobile telecoms ... O2, Vodafone etc in different locations in the world (that way it doesn't cost extra to send international calls, since you'd be sending them locally though their local telecom) - Yes, you can just use O2 if you want (for example) but it will cost for international calls/texts. You need to talk to them about bulk sms gateways (call them).

Stupid method but it works: Get a mobile ... make that into a SMS gateway ... you'd need a good constant internet connection otherwise it'd be unreliable. Andriod market actually lets you download a SMS gateway app (google 'SMS gateway andriod'). It's a stupid method and you shouldn't bother doing it but it's worth telling.

It will cost money per text regardless of your service offering them for free so it would be hard fund it.

IF, however, you don't want to make your own SMS gateway and infact just want to use someone elses ... go to a website like textlocal.com (their are cheaper alternatives .. just need to spend some time on google) they'll let you use their API .. via PHP (or whatever you use to code the website) you can recieve/send text messages. Which I strongly recommend considering you're attempting to provide this service for free (saves costs in the short run - as for the long run, it depends)

Thanx to :-
filegrasper
Putin
----------------------------

BUt i have a ZTE GSM based usb and a SIm card with Unlimmited Local SmS Bundles and i want it for Local use like within Pakistan

Go for the option what Putin suggested. The Andro App and mod a little ur php script for local sending...
So a little trick, a little coding and Bingo!

Stupid method but it works: Get a mobile ... make that into a SMS gateway ... you'd need a good constant internet connection otherwise it'd be unreliable. Andriod market actually lets you download a SMS gateway app (google 'SMS gateway andriod'). It's a stupid method and you shouldn't bother doing it but it's worth telling.

any1 can make me what putin is saying? I will like to have a service like this.. and give free sms in my local country only using my phone as sms gateway..

I will be paying a fair price for someone who can do this job.

Free SMS

I think you should start by looking at a service "smsall.com" or which was previously referred as "chopal.pk". You have to build a custom script for that, do you have any ideas how to do that ? And sending SMS from your cell phone is a very bad idea, you can't really rely on the "SMS packages" different companies are offering. They would expire very soon, and then your service would go down.

I only need offering free sms.. no hidden charges to users.. and yes the idea of using the phone is great for me. even if you're saying relying on SMS packages of ISP is a bad idea. for me it is a great idea.. making my phone subscribe to unlimited text to all network locally in our country is not a problem.

any1 can do this?

mate, sms gateway is the only solution, because your sim cannot able to send more than 1 sms per 5-6 seconds..

so contact any sms gateway provider, sure you will find a quality one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back