Status
Not open for further replies.

usb3

SQUIDOO - is a community website that allows users to create pages (called lenses) for subjects of interest. Development on Squidoo started in 2005, launching a beta testing period in October of that year.
Squidoo is a user-generated website which uses the concept of a lens as its primary feature. Lenses are much like blog posts, except they're on a single subject. The site also allows content creators to earn revenue from referral links to sites like Amazon.com and Ebay.
The users who create lenses are called "lensmasters". A lensmaster can be anyone with an interest in a specific subject; they do not necessarily have to be externally-recognized experts. Squidoo contains lenses on 35 different topics, including Food & Cooking, Green Living, About Me and Business.
Squidoo is notable in that it allows users to create multimedia pages without learning HTML. These pages often achieve built-in popularity due to their association with thousands of other Squidoo pages.
The site introduced the use of 'SquidMonsters', along with SquidTrophies and an experience points system.
The site also employs a unique revenue share: 50% of all revenue goes to the lensmasters. Squidoo and its lenses rely on advertising and affiliate links to create revenue. Nearly half of lensmasters donate their royalties to any of 65 featured charities, ranging from NPR and the American Heart Association to smaller organizations like Chimp Haven and Planet Gumbo. On October 13, 2010, the company donated an additional $275,000 to charity to celebrate their 5th anniversary.
http://www.************/what-is-squidoo

I am with squidoo more that 3 years. Buyt a year ago I was left the squidoo and have sold all of my lens. Yes lensmasters buy it :) But few weeks ago I remembered squidoo and started to build squidoo lens again.

Is there a lensmaster? Maybe we can share our lens here? Other lensmaster will SquidLiking it can, and help we will seek Uplands together.
http://www.************/top-2011-songs2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back