Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Faust

I get this SQL Error from time to time not sure what it is, or how to fix it
PHP:
Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
/home/dlthe/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 311

Any ideas?

11 comments
This a error in connection with database, check your config.php file for your database settings, also you may have to enter the path of your forum, this option is near to the bottom, Dont remember exactly

Well if my Db Settings were wrong i wouldnt be able to login to the forum or even see it.. :| so now im even more confused

I think it means the host limits connections made to the site.. :\

Well if my Db Settings were wrong i wouldnt be able to login to the forum or even see it.. :| so now im even more confused

You receive this notice through email from vbulletin?

This happen when the connection between users and your SQL fail, mostly caused when someone only hit your site and cancel httpd request before SQL connection as been made, poor ISP connection can also be the cause the users have his connection dropped from servers before he gain access.

Third scenario is your SQL servers goes down, this should not be your problem through in this case.

Let me guess, your on shared hosting?
If so: Other websites on that hosting are also using the same MySQL server which also affect the number of connections that the MySQL server allows. Thus, not letting you connect sometimes because there are too many connections to that MySQL server.

And If your not, then. I have no idea. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back