Status
Not open for further replies.

hatem20

I noticed a weird thing today regarding the charset that is being used currently, it shows some symbols like ?, ?,? ^o)

To be more clear, here's an example:
23d8e6d83087.jpg

I'm not sure if ISO-8859-1 charset causes that.. just wanted to point out the problem.

Thank you.

14 comments
Yes. I had that problem with my signature as well and had to edit it. It seems that server move has cause this problem.

Probably incorrect collation of the tables, typical latin1 vs utf8 storage issues.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
NewEraCracker

yes. I had that problem with my signature as well and had to edit it. It seems that server move has cause this problem.

Probably incorrect collation of the tables, typical latin1 vs utf8 storage issues.

Regards,
NewEraCracker
Yea I thought about that, I had a similar issue before while using UTF8 on my site, the problem disappeared after transferring to Windows -1251. :))

Thank you for your comment, NEC.

If anyone has an easy fix lemme know, been having similar problems for ages.

It can be caused in two ways.
1) The data in the mysql database doesnt match the mysql connection charset, the charset php expects (mbstring/iconv functions) or the mysql table schema charset

2) The data outputted from the server doesnt match the content-type encoding header or meta tag that is outputted with the document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back