So finaly my forum has been hacked... what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a dedi or a VPS check what you got running on your server/user accounts/ftp client/install a firwall and a rootkit finder.(if you can't do that ask your host)
if you get shared hosting just switch to another host.
After u do what's above don't install any shit on the server.just use Vbulletin 3.8.5 (I think it's the best ftm).
Don't try to restore any backup(Files or Database).Install a fresh vbulletin.
Install a skin from a trusted nulling team(very,very optional).
After all that if he come back then I must admit he's skilled hacker.(or he has most likely infected your computer with a key-logger ).and if he didn't come back you are back to work.
PS: DON'T TRY TO RESTORE ANY BACKUP.JUST FORGET ABOUT THE OLD FORUM.

Then get a better server and pay someone to secure it maybe ?

first option is suitable but not second one:P

Why would you trust ANYONE with your pass o_O

Good luck with restoring it.

yup my bad, i have already listen lots of "FUCKING THINGS" from my friends that why u gave the pass etc :)) so it was very hars and bad expereince for me, but i have learned so much wd this my expereince.

If you have a dedi or a VPS check what you got running on your server/user accounts/ftp client/install a firwall and a rootkit finder.(if you can't do that ask your host)
if you get shared hosting just switch to another host.
After u do what's above don't install any shit on the server.just use Vbulletin 3.8.5 (I think it's the best ftm).
Don't try to restore any backup(Files or Database).Install a fresh vbulletin.
Install a skin from a trusted nulling team(very,very optional).
After all that if he come back then I must admit he's skilled hacker.(or he has most likely infected your computer with a key-logger ).and if he didn't come back you are back to work.
PS: DON'T TRY TO RESTORE ANY BACKUP.JUST FORGET ABOUT THE OLD FORUM.

Ahan....
that seems to be intereting.... VB3.8.5.. hmmm
well bro, when my forum was hack, it was 24, and i have the backup of 22 at that day there is no infacted thing in my database.. so i think i can eaisly restore my forum:)

how can you give your password to someone you don't even know??? :O he doesn't even need to hack your site... you just gave him your login details... any idiot knows how to change things if he has your login information...

it's like these idiots at facebook... they give theyr password to someone and then they sheet talk that theyr FB acc has been hacked... and then you see it on the TV news... the DARK side of facebook. lol there is no dark side if you don't give your password out, or if you have a password like 1111 or 123123, 123abc... that's just too easy. if you have such a password on some site that is important to you, bank account etc. then you are just too dumb.

ERROR: tastro your message is too long...

well i think u did not read my post properly..... i did not give him my pass since my web site had been hacked. I gave him my pass when he told me that he will recover my web site.... as he thinks that i am his enemy and some sort of Amercian guy or what.........

I want to know the cause of my hack. Now i got my Cpanel back.... site will up again... i want to know that how could he do that? i did not even open his file or something else.... i just shared my web site in review section then i got fucked by himX-(

How could he do that without taking any information to me? where is my mistake so that i can use some safety precautions for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back