Site owner stealing other site owners GFX !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrhill

Hey I was just wondering what u guys think of 4* site owner stealing other site owners GFX? especially when they made it themselves! 8-)

AppWarez ripped of my Guest Banner and Forum Icons and using it without taking permission from me. :O

In my opinion if any 4-5* site is behaving like 1-2* sites by stealing some other sites unique and self-made grafix or anything else, that 4-5* site should be demoted to 1/2/3* without any further discussions.

There is no other better solution to stop other sites from doing the same mistake. <_<

32 comments
Spongy, if the site in concern was a lower ranked site, then I wont even bother. But thts not expected from a 4* site owner. :|

Ghrilly, it happens everywhere but i think the owner of that site should make something custom for the rank he haz!

Infact after looking at that site, i think the owner should indeed make soemthing custom.. coz that favicon is a free one >.<

It's like... You find some nice pattern background, and you use it on your own site. You asked the guy who created it? No. You find nice forum old/new/locked icons, you ask the creator? No. You take them, graphics are displayed publicly, therefore, anyone can take your forum icons, and use them on his forum. That's not ripping, ripping is something completely different. Such as ripping a forum template, using it, and claiming that you made it. Or, claiming graphics work from Person A, as your own. But really, there's nothing bad in using such stuff, you should be proud that guy actually liked your guest banner. That means, you're a good designer. Cheer up mate.

This is warez dude, what do u expect ? :)

but the owner of that site should have made some custom icons and banners, thats not good for a 4* site...:)

Its not a mistake .. i think its pretty good feeling for you and copier both..

for u - as jason said..
for copier - how successfully he ripped or copy it..;)

mate its warez .. you(whole warez world) are uploading million dollars movies , games and softwares contnuously and now complaining somebody rip your design..

now think before leeching about the maker and try to take permision of them.. :P

Lol should be banned. Get over yourselves. You steal all day everyday. This is warez...

Can't help but notice you have a templates section OP. It's okay to steal those but not little simple graphics from warez forum owners?

Most of u ignored the fact that the site in concern is a 4* site. If we start using ("stealing" more appropriate in this case) each others stuffs in this way then there would not be any variety among the forums. 8-)

Its usually said that lower rank sites should observe and follow higher rank sites. Now if we have such sites with higher ranks, then its quite possible that someday we would see all the sites r nothing but clone of each other. <_<

To be honest your guest message doesn't even make sense and it looks like you stole the style off the default guest message that made the hack (forget the name of it)
and your status icons look extremely generic, but nice.

It's like... You find some nice pattern background, and you use it on your own site. You asked the guy who created it? No. You find nice forum old/new/locked icons, you ask the creator? No. You take them, graphics are displayed publicly, therefore, anyone can take your forum icons, and use them on his forum. That's not ripping, ripping is something completely different. Such as ripping a forum template, using it, and claiming that you made it. Or, claiming graphics work from Person A, as your own. But really, there's nothing bad in using such stuff, you should be proud that guy actually liked your guest banner.

Anyways, jason you're completely wrong. To give an example why, let's assume wjunction had a custom skin. I could easily rip it and create a site identical to wjunction. You think el_j is gonna be like "oh he really likes our site" no. He's gonna say, what a kid (if he was ever mean). You can't take other peoples icons or images without consent UNLESS they were released under a general use license. Now it's not technically illegal because well, it's a little image so who the hell cares. But it shows how bad of a webmaster the person is for running a developed site and still stealing images from other sites.

I think his point was that a 4* is supposed to be a well developed mature website. Even katz says it's supposed to be better then the average site. Stealing images shows that he is an amateur and the website is nothing special.

This is warez dude, what do u expect ? :)

You really think there's no rules in warez? You think all of us promote stealing from each other? Warez sites aren't run by the common thief, they're usually run from university students or graduates. Which do have a sense of morality and do what's right. You forget, the point of warez is to spread information and enjoyment to the people who can't afford it, not just steal for the sake of stealing.
So yes, I expect a sense of decency from these admins and you.

ps. Stop comparing warez to stealing, there is a lot of differences.
For the dumbasses that say "what are they"
1. We don't steal out of necessity
2. Our only goal is to help others
3. No one is hurt from our actions except a ceo's third pool (except small developers, and we actually do try and help them)
You should be able to think about others yourself.

First of all,
I'm not wrong. And I know what I'm saying. Guy did not rip anything, he's just using his guest message picture on his forum, and as he said. His forum icons, that can't be considered as ripping, I know at least 5 designers who took background images for their styles from various graphic communities, and they didn't ask the creator of it. Why? Because you don't have to. As I already said, ripping is something completely different. We're talking about using few images such as icons, or guest banner. Not about copying a template.

And if you really think that Katz rank mean something, you have no idea about anything. Katz rank is something, that average Joe can get in few months. Eventually, everyone gets his 5 stars. So that's nothing special, you can't expect from a site which is using Katz to be unique, or professional. Those who are using Katz as their main traffic source, are the starters. Those who just started their Webmaster career, so they have no other knowledge or ideas how to bring the visitors.

And about that other thing, "comparing warez to stealing." . Unfortunately, it is the same.

1. You steal for the money. If it wasn't out of "necessity", you'd have a private forum or a private torrent tracker for your friends.

2. ORLY? By uploading new Dexter episode to some shitty file host who is giving you the points? Really helpful.

3. Everyone is hurt. You guys never actually think about the guy who wrote/directed the movie. Or about the singer, do you really think he likes to get his movie/album get leaked by some kid who never actually watched the movie, or listened to the album? I can assure you he DON'T LIKE IT. And no one would. So stop acting like some new age Robin Hood, when you're not.

I don't want to find albums of my favorite band on every forum that exists on the Interwebz. I don't want to find Forbidden Zone 2 (2011) when it's released, on every forum just because some kid thought it would be cool to leak it from a private torrent tracker. Think about it. I do admit that some directors, singers love to get their albums shared, but shared between those who admire them, and their work. Not shared between those who are doing it only for the MONEY.

First I'll deal with the rating.

Katz or any other DDL site for that matter does not get involved with issues like this. Some DDL sites take action if your submitting other people's url's (which is why it's good to put your site url in the link).

As for ripping forum icons, banners or even whole skins this has being happening for years. Without doubt the most ripped thing on sites I've seen is Belle's and Gismo's Register Now Banner. It's on loads of sites and has being ripped and re-ripped most don't even know where it originated.

Belle made a topic here over a year ago about it. Nothing changes. Just contact them and ask them to remove it.

Also your supplying content without the owners permission. Do you not think your being a bit hypocritical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back