Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggY DoG

Hi Everyone This is my first thread here. I need your help.

I am running and want to know if i am the only one getting this 15-20 spam messages everyday.
If not, then how to control it. Is it bad for my site.

Last edited:
28 comments
But i do have aksimet installed on my site,but still getting this spam.

[SLIDE]http://funky.freakingkid.com/images/spam2.png[/SLIDE]​

Hmm, then you might wanna wait for someone who used WP for a longer period of time. Ask R-T I'm pretty sure he can help you, his blog is running on WP.

Try searching for captcha in the plugins section of WP i installed one of the plugins the other day and it seems to have stopped

Wordpress is free and opensource. Why did you remove the copyright link?

As for the spam. Add a custom question captcha plugin. Nobody's going to go to the effort to write a custom script to bypass your question as easy as it may be.

Akismet can't stop it? Wow! I get loads of spam on my blog too but Akismet has been able to block each and every one of them thus far. Infact, its filter is so strict, I sometimes have to manually approve legit comments which were marked as spam.

I think a recaptcha plugin should take care of any unwanted automated spam. Manual spamming has to be taken care of manually by you if Akismet fails, nothing much you can do.

Thanks, Now i know that i am not the only getting a spam.
I will add a manual captcha thing what Mr Happy has suggested.

What copyright link you were saying. You meant to say at the bottom of the page.I will add it later.

Theme was free so i guess changing or modifying will not affect me or my site.

Make sure your Akismet is working properly and running, sometimes akismet stop working due to network outage and you get flooded by spammers

Go To Wordpress Settion >> Discussion Settings >> Other comment settings >> Check The 2nd option(Users must be registered and logged in to comment)

& Also Close The Register Option From general Section.

Thats It.

Dude this is the first thing to do when you install akismet in your blog.
I knew this already. I didn't understand what were you trying to say.
What I am gonna do at this page.

Last edited:
I'd check if the people making spam comments are registered users and if so, delete them. If you don't want to close registration then I suggest you enable a captcha for the sign-up page as well. Personally I recommend recaptcha but it does become incredably cumbersome to enter all the time, although you can turn it off for registered users.

In my opinion and in the interests of security you shouldn't have registration open anyway, but thats just the way I run things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back