Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloudflare and cpanel

Okay cool, i may consider trying out again. Just a quick question if i used your service can i make it so like cpanel isn't going through like a proxy?

We actually don't proxy cpanel (we can only proxy over ports 80 and 443, so you would want to make sure subdomains not running over these ports are marked with a gray cloud). You do have to do access things like cpanel or ftp a little differently when you're on CloudFlare, however.

cpanel: direct.yourdomain.com/cpanel
or
direct.yourdomain.com:2082

ftp:
You should either FTP to your server's IP (ftp://yourserverip/)
address or to:
direct.yourdomain.com
CloudFlare sets that subdomain up for you to bypass the CloudFlare network and
route directly to your server for protocols like FTP/SSH/Telnet/etc.

Since someone asked us in a private message, I thought I would share because many of your are probably new to CloudFlare.

Whats the setting so that captcha doesn't appear
The best thing to do is turn the security settings to 'Essentially Off'. You can do so by going to: settings->CloudFlare settings->Basic Security Level->Change to desired level.

Note: Please read more about why visitors are challenged by CloudFlare. As there is a pretty strong probability that the visitor has an infected machine, we would still encourage that you have your visitor run an anti-virus scan (they may be part of a botnet and not know it, which actually can be used for DDoS attacks).

( It sometimes appear for geniune users )
and still bots are blocked... ?
In addition to the security settings mentioned, you can also whitelist and blacklist IPs in your CloudFlare Threat Control Panel. Whitelising IPs will override our behavior & will help correct false positives with the data sources.

Bots: Are they good bots or bad bots? I would personally recommend taking a look at the IP information before deciding to whitelist the IP for the bot. Bad bots can actually make a lot of requests to your site that end up driving up bandwidth costs & other resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back