Should Nokia finally start making Android smartphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a small raise in number from 1-5% dosent change anything for android man. Here take a look at this
Code:
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/18/microsoft-says-windows-phone-8-support-ends-july-2014-still-no-official-successor-announced/
windows isnt going anywhere dude, no hope for windows phones

Nokia = Quality & Android = No Quality. Therefore, No Match [hmmm]

Dunno what to say :|

[SLIDE]http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2013/06/Switch_from_Android.jpg?itok=CJxONy66[/SLIDE]

Edit: They won't make Android phones as there getting payed by Windows ;)
When new operating system comes in, it's a slow climb but if they switch now, all the hard work they did will be wasted.

dude i dont know where you took those stats from but they are so wrong, microsoft always has the habit of showing false stats. This is proven in the past. Android hols most of the shares when it comes to smartphones and its only going to increase not decrease

It may be true, but its a confusing screenshot.

We'll take an example. Say there were 100 users who migrated to WP, out of which, according to MS, 42% of them moved from Android/iOS. SO basically 42 users came in from android/iOS. Now, check out the market share. WP users are roughly 3%? Lets say, iOS+Amdroid are 90%. So if there were 100 WP users then the Android+iOS users will be 3000. So android+iOS has lost 42 users off their total 3000 users which is a mere 1.4%, which is not a huge number. I hope I did the math correct! The share %ages are not accurate though.

So yeah, the screenshot provided by MS is corret, but its deceptive in its own way coz its not mentioned in there that android/ios has lost 42% their users, if that was the case then it would have been huge!

March 18 2013 and it still remains the same in windows site, no new updates. The support for mobile os will be discontinued by first half of 2014

Bye bye windows, no use to switch to windows now:wave:

Windows apps are quality, this is the funniest thing i ever heard this year dude dream on. Windows phone apps are stupid and worthless, they arent easy to make too thats y there isnt any app on windows store and there is not much support from windows on this side too. But android supports developers thats y there are lots of apps in android market i accept some are pos but most of them are good and serve my purpose unlike windows. I admit nokia is quality then by the standards windows mobile is shit, android is more stable and much much much more useful than that of windows. So Nokia+Android=Best

:rofl: :rofl: You sound like a kid who haven't used a Windows Phone & Talking about Apps. LOL
Use some Windows Phone Apps like One Note, Office, Finance, Nokia Maps, CAMERA Apps, GAMES etc
You will see a HUGE Ass difference from the Shit Android Apps.

Android is STABLE. WTF did you just say. :rofl: OMG. Seriously?
Use lowend phones, you will see it's STABILITY.

Use WP OS on ANY phone, ANY Friggin' phone, it will run Flawlessly. Now that's called stability my boy! :-=

Unfortunately, Nokia has its own Mobile OS - Symbian. Moreover as i heard Microsoft is thinking now to buy the whole Nokia Company. Nokia till now has Symbian and Windows phone or 8 phones. But why i am not expecting from Nokia to power their devices with Android OS, just my opinion :)

It is the age of android smart phone. Android smart phone has all latest
features.It's features is very user friendly.Personally, I recommend for the android smart phone.If you looking to purchase for android smart phone then shopbychoice, shopclues and tradus is best site for shopping.

Windows apps are quality, this is the funniest thing i ever heard this year dude dream on. Windows phone apps are stupid and worthless, they arent easy to make too thats y there isnt any app on windows store and there is not much support from windows on this side too. But android supports developers thats y there are lots of apps in android market i accept some are pos but most of them are good and serve my purpose unlike windows. I admit nokia is quality then by the standards windows mobile is shit, android is more stable and much much much more useful than that of windows. So Nokia+Android=Best

You sound like a guy obsessed with android and with no real knowledge of wp8 :|
Anyway, I have got both Android and a windows phone. I'm just going to share what I have experienced with both of these Operation Systems.

Its quality which matters and not quantity. There are many good apps on android and so is the case with windows phone.
But, suppose there are 100 android apps. In all probabilities, most of them will not be really quite useful as opposed to the case with WP.
In terms of stability, you have got it completely wrong mate. A WP OS can run very smoothly on a phone having just 512MB ram (For ex: Nokia lumia 510) but if you try running an android OS on the same phone, you'll face many problems.
Even in terms of price, you get good wp phones at the cheapest price of around $150-200 but if you want to experience the same stability on an android phone you'll have to shell out considerably more amount of money.
But I'm definitely not saying that android is all shit and WP is all win. Android is much more customizable which is a good thing. There are more 'features' and stuff like that. But one thing in which Android loses out quite plainly is the battery usage. An Android phone is a resource hog. But for someone having sound knowledge in developing and modifying and also the people who like to keep playing with their phone, the battery usage can be optimized quite easily. But what about the people, which are the majority, who don't know about optimizing their phones? This is where WP beats Android significantly.
It'll be quite interesting to see what happens next with the Android 5.0 to be released in the coming months and what will be the next move by Nokia.

EDIT:
Code:
www.pcquest.com/pcquest/news/190985/windows-store-reaches-100-apps-mark-months

:whistle:

Last edited:
In all honesty, WP8 phones are no better than IPhones, they are difficult to develop with, and not great security, but I guess Android has security flaws too.

No and never! I'm a past Android user and believe me the exprience is just plain horrible it lags on higher spec'ed phones, while there is iOS runs fine on single core processors.

but in all honestly windows if not better is almost at par with iOS right now. its smooth and fluid.. doesnt need high end specs to run fine and looks quite strong into the future!

Android as a OS is great but the experience is shit.

Nokia go ahead with WP8.

In all honesty, WP8 phones are no better than IPhones, they are difficult to develop with, and not great security, but I guess Android has security flaws too.

No and never! I'm a past Android user and believe me the exprience is just plain horrible it lags on higher spec'ed phones, while there is iOS runs fine on single core processors.

but in all honestly windows if not better is almost at par with iOS right now. its smooth and fluid.. doesnt need high end specs to run fine and looks quite strong into the future!

Android as a OS is great but the experience is shit.

Nokia go ahead with WP8.

You sound like a guy obsessed with android and with no real knowledge of wp8 :|
Anyway, I have got both Android and a windows phone. I'm just going to share what I have experienced with both of these Operation Systems.

Its quality which matters and not quantity. There are many good apps on android and so is the case with windows phone.
But, suppose there are 100 android apps. In all probabilities, most of them will not be really quite useful as opposed to the case with WP.
In terms of stability, you have got it completely wrong mate. A WP OS can run very smoothly on a phone having just 512MB ram (For ex: Nokia lumia 510) but if you try running an android OS on the same phone, you'll face many problems.
Even in terms of price, you get good wp phones at the cheapest price of around $150-200 but if you want to experience the same stability on an android phone you'll have to shell out considerably more amount of money.
But I'm definitely not saying that android is all shit and WP is all win. Android is much more customizable which is a good thing. There are more 'features' and stuff like that. But one thing in which Android loses out quite plainly is the battery usage. An Android phone is a resource hog. But for someone having sound knowledge in developing and modifying and also the people who like to keep playing with their phone, the battery usage can be optimized quite easily. But what about the people, which are the majority, who don't know about optimizing their phones? This is where WP beats Android significantly.
It'll be quite interesting to see what happens next with the Android 5.0 to be released in the coming months and what will be the next move by Nokia.

EDIT:
Code:
www.pcquest.com/pcquest/news/190985/windows-store-reaches-100-apps-mark-months
:whistle:

To all the members who say, Android is unstable, please correct your statement.
If you have a faulty hardware, or a badly "flashed" machine, its your mistake, not Android's. I myself have a Quad Core/1GB Smart phone with the latest Android running on it, and believe me, i haven't had any problem as yet.

I however, accept that Android uses lots of resources more than any other mobile operating system, but in the end, you are enjoying the results of it. You are able to use it as your second PC. You can almost do "anything" on a Android phone, just like you do on your regular PC or a laptop. I am not saying that Windows 8 Mobile or iOS are not capable of doing the same, the point is, which interface is better and which one is efficient enough.

Not every piece of code is perfect, everything that's being developed, is bound to have a few flaws. You have to live with it.

My opinion on this issue is still the same, Nokia should go ahead making Android smartphones, along with WP8 Phones aswell.
They have to bring back quality mobiles, make it easy for us to choose from.

To all the members who say, Android is unstable, please correct your statement.
If you have a faulty hardware, or a badly "flashed" machine, its your mistake, not Android's. I myself have a Quad Core/1GB Smart phone with the latest Android running on it, and believe me, i haven't had any problem as yet.

I however, accept that Android uses lots of resources more than any other mobile operating system, but in the end, you are enjoying the results of it. You are able to use it as your second PC. You can almost do "anything" on a Android phone, just like you do on your regular PC or a laptop. I am not saying that Windows 8 Mobile or iOS are not capable of doing the same, the point is, which interface is better and which one is efficient enough.

Not every piece of code is perfect, everything that's being developed, is bound to have a few flaws. You have to live with it.

My opinion on this issue is still the same, Nokia should go ahead making Android smartphones, along with WP8 Phones aswell.
They have to bring back quality mobiles, make it easy for us to choose from.

I never said android is unstable mate. Though I did write that it does not run smoothly on a low end phone. When we talk about an OS we should see how it runs on all kinds of phones and not just the high end ones. I personally don't experience any lags or anything on my Android as I know how to maintain it and also as I have a good phone but again as I had stated previously, the os should be good as is without modification. These are just my unbiased opinions :). This post I wrote it from my Android phone which would have been quite a pain in the ass if I was typing using a windows phone.

long overdue

Nokia should have adopted Android. Had they done so maybe they are still a major mobile phone manufacturer and considerable market share in the smart phone market.

Nokia already did with Nokia X, however it would be really nice for a high end Lumia Android based phone with the camera and the HDR mic and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back