server4you ProServer UltraPOWER, where's the catch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evita

so this server ProServer UltraPOWER form s4y looks pretty much overkill:

• NEW: Intel® Xeon® X3440 Quadcore
  • NEW: 32 GB DDR3-RAM
  • NEW: 2x 2,000 GB SATA II-HDD and 1x 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
all this just for $139 and it's a 100mbit with "unlimited" data transfer but in reality i think about 4 or 5 TB.
but the thing is i don't see anyone recommending these servers, why ?
a box with 32GB ram, ssd and a quadcore cpu seems like a great deal just for $139/month. there must be a catch, they don't allow seedboxing, warez forums ?
anyone got some experience with these servers, and especially with pro server ultra power ?

7 comments
but maybe there is a different story for their high end server,
anyone tried that pro server ultra power ?

I was reed some bad reviews in WebHostingTalk Forums.
But i have 2 dedis in s4y for my seedbox. Im happy, my VW like 10TB in each servers.

Oversold bandwidth, oversold network, old hardware, no support - do I need to continue?

You can! outrageous IP fee, cancellation almost impossible ( need to fax them 1 month before cancellation), random charge on credit card put on credit later if you notice it because they won't tell you.

That's said you are up to try!

Guys i have ordered a server from server4you just five days back ago for my personal encoding purposes,i have paid with virtual credit card and they didn`t charged money from my VCC till now.i have destroyed VCC also.still server is working.i think server4you no need of money:P

I know where's the catch.

Once you start using more than 75 GB bandwidth daily for 7-10 days continuously, they'll cap you to 10 Mbps port.
I asked them that personally and got reply via email.

So the server is best for personal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back