Seo - Link Building For Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

::superman::

Search Engine Optimisation has two distinct area's the first being On-page optimisation and the second, off-page optimisation. On-page optimisation is what you can actually do to your website that will affect your ranking on the search engines. This includes changing your title tags, H1 Tags etc. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) like anything else adheres to the 80/20 rule, whereby on-page optimisation accounts for 20% of search engine rankings.

The other 80% comes from link building, which is by far the hardest part when it comes to SEO. Link building is getting other sites to link back to your own website. Like everything else in the world, links have varying degrees of quality, you get really poor quality links which can actually harm your website or you can get excellent links which will help your rankings tremendously. Obviously, the best quality links are the hardest to obtain. For your information, the best kind of links to get, are links that come from Universities or Government websites. Search Engines love these links and if you do manage to get one your website will almost certainly help get your website on to the first page within a couple of months.

I will list the ways in which a person can obtain links for their website.

1) Buy Links - The better the link, the more expensive they are.

2) Ask For Links - Either via Phone or Email.

3) Link Exchanges - Swap Links with other webmasters.

4) Register with Directories - Register your site with a number of directories.

5) Write Articles - Submit your articles to article directories like Ezine.

6) Write Press Releases - Submit to sites like PRweb.

7) Use Viral marketing techniques - Use sites like pay per post (link baiting).

I would suggest doing all of the above when you first start trying to do SEO on your own site. A good mix of links is always good, try not to buy too many "cheap & cheerful" links as these will not do your site much good.
source

11 comments
Thanks for your article. But I respectfully disagree on buying and exchanging links/ask for links. Rather doing these newbie can do the followings:
1. Blog posting
2. Forum Posting
3. Article submission.
4. Directory Submission.
5. social bookmarking
6. press release

all above things are free of cost. Last point should be to buy or exchange links.

^ What was said above are indeed good ways for a newbie.

Might I also recommend guest posting.

Personally I've seen guest posting in the right places help to drive tons of traffic to my new sites along with better rankings.

Just a tip: When your writing a guest post, try to make it some of your best writing ever, you want the first impression of your post to be an intriguing one.

Make a great YouTube video(s) and include your link in the video description. You can also include your website on your profile page.

Just putting in my two cents worth, but anyone looking at SEO probably needs to tread water for a little while. Because , with all the Penguins and Panda updates, it probably will take some time to figure out what may work best in todays era.

Lots of authority sites who were link building like crazy seem to have lost rankings savagely.

Stop posting innacurate informations, it doesn't do any good to anyone. Either find a trustable verifiable source, CHECK what is written, and then post, if you want to contribute.

You simply DON'T advise people to buy links, because that is forbidden by google.

In plain simple words, if yourself ain't SEO professional, why trying to post here anything, when you don't have knowledge and experience in SEO? How do you verify data that you've posted?

Well said sir, i am Pretty sure OP has no knowledge of SEO and their strategics and he is Just copy Pasting the articles without even looking at them!

Be sure what you are posting First

Hi,

I think I come from the school that believes that SEO should be without buying links. Moreover, what should be added is that every texts should be rich, unique and worthy of the visitor’s interest.

Social networking is a field I really believe in, but still... I find it quite time consuming, but some sacrifice is need to achieve anything.

Concerning YouTube videos, I know that VSEO is important, but still, it depends on how the video is worked as well. It is not only a matter of link added in the description, the text around the video matters as well. ;)

Personally, I never tried guest posting however.

Hi,

I think I come from the school that believes that SEO should be without buying links. Moreover, what should be added is that every texts should be rich, unique and worthy of the visitor’s interest.

Social networking is a field I really believe in, but still... I find it quite time consuming, but some sacrifice is need to achieve anything.

Concerning YouTube videos, I know that VSEO is important, but still, it depends on how the video is worked as well. It is not only a matter of link added in the description, the text around the video matters as well. ;)

Personally, I never tried guest posting however.

So how do you get your links? Are you saying that you use the google whitehat method where all your links are created by people who visit your site and decide to repost your links again elsewhere?

So how do you get your links? Are you saying that you use the google whitehat method where all your links are created by people who visit your site and decide to repost your links again elsewhere?

Hello,

I just mean that one does not necessarily have to pay for links. Some back linking techniques does not always require paying someone, not if you can do it yourself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back