Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLeTeD

25 comments
Automated Backlinks

Directed more to legal websites, however you can still try. Submit your RSS feeds and get automatic high PR backlinks.

1. Blog Digger
Google PR: 6
Alexa Rank: 27154

2. Feedage
Alexa Rank: 4471
This feed needs a login account which is free to create.

3. Feedcat
Alexa Rank: 23010
This feed needs a login account which is free to create.

4. Plazoo
Alexa Rank: 25313

5. RSS Network
Alexa Rank: 31104

6. URL Fan
Alexa Rank: 71451

7. ReadABlog
Google PR: 5
Alexa Rank: 55727

8. Feeds4All
Alexa Rank: 111069

9. Million RSS
Alexa Rank: 41019

10. Golden RSS Feed
Google PR: 4
Alexa Rank: 43994

11. Ice Rocket
Alexa Rank: 5569

12. FeedAgg
Alexa Rank: 14978

13. FeedSee
Alexa Rank: 53388

14. Solar Warp
Alexa Rank: 104977

15. Feedgy
Google PR: 4
Alexa Rank: 56902

16. Feedlisting
Google PR: 3
Alexa Rank: 22,369

Keeping Spiders on your page to index more

Search Engine Spiders are similar to guests. They want to be entertained.

Think of a spider as a maze game. When they come to your site they are at the start. If they get cornered into a wall its game over and they leave your site, so try to keep many open pass ways for it to go around.

A few examples using your site.

- Contact us, would be a useless page for a bot to index and once there on the page they would be bored and leave.
- Calendar is another useless page as its turned on most vb forums. The spider is wasting its time, unless you actually use it and add content
- login page

It's far better to your advantage to add no follow as these page will not get you any traffic anyways. When the spider is on your page it is always looking and trying to find out where it can click next. You can do this by something like recent posts/topics, tags, random topics ect.

From Mr Happy :)
Have to agree with DeLeTeD on this one and I may have even though him this technique. It's extremely important to point Google in the direction you want it to go. It's not the fact that they are boring pages it's more they are distracting. No forum has every single page indexed and if you have more than 70% of your forum indexed your doing ok. The trick is to help get as much of that last 30% as possible indexed and if Google finds itself on a page with a login, contact, register, dcma and topic link and all except the topic are nofollow then the chances of that topic being indexed are way way higher. It's a simple matter of calculation and options which is exactly what Google is based on. Google doesn't index every link it sees it has to make choices from time to time so by adding nofollow your helping guide and influence those choices.

Trust me DeLeTeD is right and I use this technique all the time.

Importance of Yahoo Traffic

This is based on comscore from 2009 which is the latest I found. Guess they have not released anything for 2010 yet.

65% Google
20% yahoo

So consider a 10,000 uv/day site. In my case 99.99% of my organic traffic is all google.

Lets assume 25% of the traffic is direct, and another 25% is referral (I like round numbers
tongue.gif
) that leaves 5,000 uv from just google. Since yahoo is just under 1/3 there is a good 1600+ uv that you could add to your site by working on yahoo. also consider the fact that most don't care about it and that 1600 could be over 2000 with some work.

Site Maps

What are they?
Like the name implies, they are a map of your site. A site map makes navigating through your site a lot easier, and is very important for spiders.

Format are they?
Yahoo and MSN can still read HTML format, however if you use the XML format which is read by all spiders (Google most importantly) you will be better off.

Why Use them?
They offer the opportunity to tell search engines that changes have happened on your site. The results will not be in seconds, however generally a lot faster then without a sitemap. By submiting a sitemap to search engines you don't need external links to bring search engines to your site as they will know your site exists.

How to submit?
Google - http://www.google.com/webmasters/
Yahoo - http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

Replace wjunction.com with your own url

Ask - http://submissions.ask.com/ping?sitemap=http://www.wjunction.com/sitemap.xml
Bing - http://webmaster.live.com/
- http://www.bing.com/webmaster/ping.aspx?siteMap=www.wjunction.com/sitemap.xml

You can read more here

Use Sitemaps and Google will Crawling your Site 5 Times more
http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=57007

Importance of link diversity in linkbacks should be mentioned in #2 (country, footprint, link url, keywords)

Also DripFeedBlasts.

You can also add how making sites on high PR sites like blogger, tumblr and twitter will help bring in traffic for your keywords a long with giving you a backlink.

Other important things that you need to address is:
1. Site loading times impact on rank
2. How to find the right keyword
3. What exactly a crawler is and how it works. (even though google's algorithims aren't released, you can talk about a crawler in general to inform people)
4. Importance of amount of ORIGINAL content (you can digress into autoblogs and why people use them)

You can also add how making sites on high PR sites like blogger, tumblr and twitter will help bring in traffic for your keywords a long with giving you a backlink.

Other important things that you need to address is:
1. Site loading times impact on rank
2. How to find the right keyword
3. What exactly a crawler is and how it works. (even though google's algorithims aren't released, you can talk about a crawler in general to inform people)
4. Importance of amount of ORIGINAL content (you can digress into autoblogs and why people use them)

Yea I will get there, all in good time. The idea is to write it myself, not copy and paste to insure better quality and more original content :P Thanks for the suggestions though, I will be sure to cover these topics.

Importance of link diversity in linkbacks should be mentioned in #2 (country, footprint, link url, keywords)

Also DripFeedBlasts.

Yea this was something I had (the list), never fixed it up as much as I could of. I will get around to it, thanks for input. :D

@DeLeTeD : To submit our site mate to yahoo do we need to have a yahoo account? Cause I went to that link and saw submit your site url or links. When I submitted my sitemap it redirected me to a login page and didn't say anything like: Submitted successfully".

@DeLeTeD : To submit our site mate to yahoo do we need to have a yahoo account? Cause I went to that link and saw submit your site url or links. When I submitted my sitemap it redirected me to a login page and didn't say anything like: Submitted successfully".

you can link your gmail email on yahoo to submit sitemap and authenticate there is a gmail button before login

thxxxxx DeLeTeD very nice organized work especially the feed ones and it's good to have all-in-1 topic for all. (bookmarked :) )

Faiz there is one already that auto updates for vb. They have it for all the major scripts.

As for the yahoo gmail question I am unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back