Semi-Dedicated Hosting (Communtiy Cooperative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Banned
Banned
This isn't shared hosting, nor VPS and I don't think it would fit within dedicated. This offer is also limited to only 1 or 2 people, so it is not classified (in my opinion) to be under the hosting category.

Community Cooperative seems like a good fit.

Semi-Dedicated Hosting
Take advantage of a powerful QuadCore server!

Please note, that this is limited to only 1 or 2 people.​

Recently picked up a QuadCore machine which is based in the NL. Its running litespeed with a lot of optimization. It has even been set up to mitigate DDoS and SYNFlood attacks.

We have 3 small sites running on it as of now. Server is basically idling asleep because of lack of intensity. Therefore, I want to bring on 1 or 2 people to help cover the server fee.

$25.00 dollars a month, semi dedicated hosting, cpanel, litespeed, xcache, ddos protection, etc. Again, this is only for 1 or 2 people, your site will be reviewed before you come on...

Space and bandwidth is based on your needs, what you need now, you'll get. As your site expands so can your resources.

Feel free to contact me via MSN, AIM or PM if you want to take advantage of semi-dedicated hosting and experience amazing speeds and no downtime.​

6 comments
You know what Semi-Dedicated hosting is? It isn't 50/50 of a dedicated server. Just to let you know.

To be honest, he said; and I quote
"Please note, that this is limited to only 1 or 2 people."

If he were to share it with 2 people, that would effectively end up being 3 people on one dedicated server. By that standard, it still falls into the semi-dedicated hosting category.

That said, semi-dedicated hosting, in it's most basic form means hosting that isn't dedicated. As long as more than 1 person uses a dedicated server, it falls into the Semi-Dedicated hosting category.

Just clarifying a misconception most people on here seem to have. People believe semi-dedicated hosting is something that's hosted on a powerful server with a tad bit more resources than a shared host, the same lack of control as on a shared host, and a slightly or steeply elevated price band. That is the wrong idea. That may be semi-dedicated, but it does not 'define' semi-dedicated and or confine its definition.

Taking all of the above into consideration, I can see why Benign is ticked off :)

Thanks LifeTalk for your response.

This is a QuadCore Machine, 4GB Ram and has a 500GB drive. As of now, the server sits idle. What I am offering, is sharing the resources of an entire dedicated server with 1 or 2 more people.

So that means, there'd be only 5 sites, on an entire dedicated server.

If you go for a shared provider, your looking at 50 to 120 sites. If you go with a VPS provider, your going to be sharing a similar server with 10-20 others.

5 people, one server, those figures should be appealing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back