Searching Dedicated Location & recommondations

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge1001

Hi,
i'm overtaking a vbulletin board with approx 250-350 online users per 15mins.
(it's not that big, but bigger than anything else i've administered bevore)

there are links to animes and hentai-stuff as well as music etc.
so basically it's warez linking.
So I need a location where DMCA is ignored or can be ignored and adult-content is allowed.
or have a DMCA forwarding.

i've thought about going to the netherlands e.g. Ecatel
or a server from germany with a reverse proxy in russia or netherlands?
But i'm not sure how secure a reverse-proxy will be. (i would setup the germany server so that it can only be accessed via reverse proxy. All other requests will be nullroutet - except an ssh)
or what about BalticServers? Anyone know how they handle such content?

at it's best it shouldnt' cost more than 100€ per month (thats about 135 US-$)
The cheaper the better.

though i don't have experience how many resources vbulletin will take with this much users and if we really need 8GB of RAM etc. pp

I hope s.o. has a recommondations for me.
Thank you

6 comments
Your traffic seems small. Dedicated server may even be overkill.

Reverse proxy is definitely possible, while the proxy IP would be light on resource usage, you will have to pay for double bandwidth as the same amount of bandwidth would be used on both main server and reverse proxy.

@immu: i'll check out fusionrax
@Kruno: well the board was hosted on a small dedicated server 1 Year ago, and on the main-time the server wasn't enough anymore.
i've asked the admins there and they said they now use a "Intel Quad Core Xeon E3-1230, 8GB DDR3 with 2x1TB SATA2"
which in my eyes seems way to much? for max. 350 online users.

the traffic shouldn't be a problem. it's not that much.

but how save is a reverse proxy? if i got a dmca request it would only affect the proxy, or not?

@immu: i'll check out fusionrax
@Kruno: well the board was hosted on a small dedicated server 1 Year ago, and on the main-time the server wasn't enough anymore.
i've asked the admins there and they said they now use a "Intel Quad Core Xeon E3-1230, 8GB DDR3 with 2x1TB SATA2"
which in my eyes seems way to much? for max. 350 online users.

the traffic shouldn't be a problem. it's not that much.

but how save is a reverse proxy? if i got a dmca request it would only affect the proxy, or not?

Quality VPS > low-end dedicated server, and it also depends on optimization you did there.

Reverse proxy is very safe if configured properly. Complaints would be sent to reverse proxy IP / datacenter as it's IP which serves your site on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back