Scripts like Xnews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Hi, I'm trying to install the Xnews script (like 0dayB for those who don't know).

So I've uploaded everything and created the DB etc.. the admin page does not login, and index.php?do=download&id=xx doesn't do anything as well..

If you know what is the problem I'd appreciate some help if not can you refer me to a script for simple download system? I just need to add downloads by type and get them listed on a page in a table, that's all.

23 comments
If you have PHP5+ on your sever add this "php_flag register_globals on" at the top of your .htaccess, without the " :P

Can you please give me your copy of the script, maybe mine is screwed. and No I do not it's a very old script but I'm intending to heavily modify it but need to work first :(

Thanks spawn sucks that this script needs it, this only increases security risks.

I take it you're still using it :)

hey do you know any site using xnews because i have that script but i havent seen it on any site ::/

There are many, many warez sites using xnews. You just can't tell because most people use highly modified copies (such as sickness, and in the past, me). It's basically like a blog in a way, a simple one.

Thanks spawn sucks that this script needs it, this only increases security risks.

I take it you're still using it :)

It's a seriously old script, hence why it uses reg globals. That can easily be fixed though by declaring variables in the code rather than relying on global ones.

Yep.

I was actually working on wNews or WCDB, whatever the one i was working on was lol.
It was a replacement for xnews but i never had time to complete it.

I think some people do have it but its only half developed.

I had a copy of the xNews script on my old HDD :(
But unfortunately it was formatted due to the fucking Virut & Alman Win32 virus affecting each file.

Anyways, I'm sure someone can provide you the original script :)

Btw, who had developed it ? was it DEViANCE ? or was it Kaoz itself ? or was it tummer ?

The creator of the script is called root. The mediafire link i posted on the last page is the original script (not modified at all).

Surprising how many people look for this really.

It's an extremely simple script any coder could throw up in 10 mins but still manages to be highly in-demand.

Agreed JMZ, but when can get a script ready, you only have to check for security issues rather than code it from scratch.

Still easier than creating a script.

Plus many (like me ;p) have heavy mods for it and intend to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back