Status
Not open for further replies.

twelch1980

I am in the process of having a website built for my online radio station and need some assistance with the following:

I want to have at the top a Now Playing section along with a recently played on the right sidebar. The software I am using does not have that function SPECIFICALLY built in BUT can work with the following

- On your webserver, set up a MySQL or similar database with a table that holds the list of songs played (columns: starttime, artist, title; don't forget to set an index on the "starttime" column for faster access when searching and sorting).

- Then place a secret PHP script on the server that receives the artist and title of the current song, and inserts a new row into the SQL table, along with the current time.

- Set up HTTP GET logging in mAirList so that that script is called everytime an item is started in mAirList. If possible, use the item types filter so that only "Music" items are transferred.

- On your website, add code that retrieves the last x items from the SQL table and displays it to the user.

Anyone ever done something like this? I know NOTHING about scripts at all.

Troy

1 comment
hello,

i would suggest you add this to your list of requirements for whomever is building your site, i am personally not familiar with mAirList but it may help if either the developer of your site is or atleast has access to documentation on it

theoretically what your proposing is not overly difficult but you do require a custom solution

let us know when your sites good to go, im in need of a good online radio station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back