script and server with multiple HDD (Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DejaVu

Hi, i have some noobish question

i have been wondering how scripts will use other hdd ?

i mean if os and control panel and the script installed on 120GB SSD if full or want want script to use othe hdd ( 3x2TB SATA) how will that happen ? need to edit script from source, if theres no options ?

regards

4 comments
I am not familiar with what kind of script you are referring to, but is it the auto upload and auto post script you are referring to?

So you want to be able to have your script automatically start hosting data to a secondary HDD once the primary is full?

no not that

i will buy a php script ([FONT=&amp]Image Upload and Share[/FONT]) and install it on ssd ,script doesnt support remote storage servers

so when start uploading files i would it like to be stored on other hdd (in same server) rather than the ssd

server i want to buy 120GB SSD + 3x2TB SATA

or if the 120GB ssd get full what to the then ? how let scripts use other hdd

i feel like im forced to use 1 big ssd rather than all this multiple hdd

Last edited:
Your 2nd drive will already be mounted? you just add the path to your script, or symlink your 2nd drive to your filehost script.

If you only have 1 server I would use SSD for website & database, and setup software raid for the 2xSata, You really want more servers.

Edit, I think you are getting mixed up between local and remote drives (but you can use software to mount a remote drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back