Status
Not open for further replies.

Exel

I think those scam topics should be heavily moderated.
Only people who are directly related or have dealt the the person who is said to be a scammer should reply instead of all these noobs replying with things that exceed their experience...

9 comments
Yeah I agree. Only the accused, the accuser or a mod should be allowed to post and if people continually post in the topic it could result in an infraction :).

People should be alllowed to comment who is right or who is wrong based on the case mentioned..

but ya, many of our members reply in those threads with no idea what is going on

Then it shouldn't be a thread to be honest, there are two basic reasons why "scam threads" are made, either to have people gang up on the supposed scammer or to make the public audience aware and be warned.

If the true goal was to solve the issue, in whichever way, then it would be handled privately, via PM, MSN..etc.

if the threads are posted on the first place with a proper format, then i guess it would be easier to cut down drama.

What exactly is wrong with the way "scam topics" are currently moderated?

Somebody makes a scam topic, issue is settled (usually by a ban or a refund), thread is closed. It's always been handled that way and it works. If we start telling members that only certain people can reply to the thread, they won't listen.

When the thread starter creates the thread on a public forum, the users should be allowed to reply.

If any topics are chosen to be be made, the moderators will make it their best interest not to let it get out of hand. As Loget has said, usually, the topics ends in a ban or a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back