Running a download website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackf1113

Hi,

I'm creating a website which is intended to be a download center for free pc software/mobile apps/ebooks/movies/mp3/...

Need to know your opinion on how much is the potential for this kind of website in the market?
Is it going to be attractive for visitors? What's your estimate?

The income will be mostly from different types of ads.

Thanks

14 comments
well the competition is big plus where do you want to host your files, on one click hosters? or do you want to get the links from somewhere else?

I'm planning to start with PPD file hostings like uploaded, rapidgator, ...
But definitely I'll migrate to own dedicated servers which is my favorite method.

Don't waste your time with this kind of niche. It's very saturated and people are using Torrents even more. Which means there's no reason to download a file on a slow server if the same file is available on a Torrent, which is way faster than HTTP.

PPD is not good .
My Mp3 website dead, because my files were removed (+2000 files); DMCA seized Sharebeast (NOTICE )
But i want create new Mp3 website with Torrents . :fly:

Warez website is not bad, you can earn money good money with your traffic....
1000 UV = $0.5 _ $3

if you put your head to work and put alot of time into it, everything can work. i have done alot of this kind of sites for my clients in the past. hit me up if u are interested and lets have a chat

You need copywriters, even if it's warez/music site. So if you are no so good with unique content - Words. 50 words minimum / per post. Hire people. Pay them.
What's the point of this? SEO - High rankings. Did you know that 70% people will only check top three google results?

I know people who have made $500k per year with warez / music blogs. Yes there is serious need for those kind of sites, even now when many have quit, many come up till this day.

Risk? Well, there's always one. You just need to know when it's good time to quit ;)

Last edited:
If you manage to make a site attractive, well-organized, with multiple download sources, good domain name for seo and the right keywords. It can work.
I am running two sites actually one with 2 millions unique visits a month and a new one (3 weeks old) that is already getting 2k uv organic traffic daily in a very saturated niche, they include all points I mentioned above and that's what made it's success.

"Waste some time" and check out your potential competitors (big and small sites), pay attention to their good and bad details, try to improve the bad ones in your project and keep the good aspects. Custom develop your theme to make post pages layout different to each download type..

Hope this gives you a path ;)

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Also, if you have website with over 100 downloads per day you can earn money on it! All you need is set installcube.com code on links of your files, and count the money![/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]skype: account.installcube[/FONT]

Hi,

I'm creating a website which is intended to be a download center for free pc software/mobile apps/ebooks/movies/mp3/...

Need to know your opinion on how much is the potential for this kind of website in the market?
Is it going to be attractive for visitors? What's your estimate?

The income will be mostly from different types of ads.

Thanks
well regarding users on my opinion ebook is less - i think in any case you should think which site can make for you the best revenue from advertising - those sites are usually download related sites or streaming - focus on that on my opinion..

I
well regarding users on my opinion ebook is less - i think in any case you should think which site can make for you the best revenue from advertising - those sites are usually download related sites or streaming - focus on that on my opinion..
great point, download site have great potential to make money by CPA offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back