Status
Not open for further replies.

Krack3r

Windows-XP-RIP-300x225.jpg

After repeatedly defying the odds to die off, Microsoft have said that as of dates later than 8th April 2014, they will never ever offer any support to anyone still using the defiant XP. Even now as curtains fall it still commands a wooping 500 Million computers. at 12 years old, XP leaves the scene having delivered alot more than what we had expected. If you remember the age of win 95,98,2000 me then you know what i mean.

Windows_XP_SP3.png

Basic XP interface

it came onto the scene unleashing stunning (Then) graphics replacing the predominantly boring plasticky cream favoured by the OS'ses of the age. it blended well with its wallpaper of a giant meadow(wtf). Even when vista came into the scene,(with its resource hungry interface and prcesses), XP predominantly stood out strongly against the odds and fought back vista with its easy to mod shell robbing vista the only thing it bragged about...its dark gothic look... Then came on Windows 7 which unlike Vista was both amazing and reasonably built (avoiding overworking the processor unlike Vista). This version is the one i blame for killing xp. the moment it was released, xp usage dropped like never seen before. it dropped from 76.1% in January 2007 to 13.5% as of September 2013. It was bypassed by Windows 7 as the most used desktop operating system in August 2012.

Looking back at its legacy, Windows XP was one of the hallmarks in Operating system history. running on realistic and affordable hardware requirements of the day. if there was anything i would thank microsoft for, this has to be one of it. Sadly as I lay my wreath of flowers on XP's graveside, i lookback into the great things i have done on it...Thank you XP

24 comments
According to my info most people still loved the XP and still had it installed even after 12 years as it was one of the most reliable windows for opening different programs as new windows didnt have compatibility with them

My prayers is that they make it Open Source... I want to know what is the beating heart of this Operating System.....

Great OS, I did ignore windows 2000 and migrate from windows 98 directly to windows XP.
Using it till this moment on old computers. All new computers with good hardware should migrate to windows 7.

p.s. parents will never migrate to new OS, windows xp forever .... old school :)

The people who STILL use Windows XP, after 12 years: Why do you still use it?

It's time to update. You guys are 12 years behind. Windows 7 , 8 and 8.1 are wonderful systems, so much more powerful, fater, more compatible with 2014 than XP.

How much for a great system XP is, sometimes upgrading is needed.

RIP Windows XP

That Background will be missed

If you look on Microsoft's youtube channel that background is actually real and was captured with a camera

The people who STILL use Windows XP, after 12 years: Why do you still use it?

It's time to update. You guys are 12 years behind. Windows 7 , 8 and 8.1 are wonderful systems, so much more powerful, fater, more compatible with 2014 than XP.

How much for a great system XP is, sometimes upgrading is needed.

Why not?? I still use it now it does everything I need to do....if it ain't broke why change it?

there're many people still using windows XP and they're very satisfied with it and they will keep using it even if microsoft stopped supporting it

everything has its time so did Window XP. although it was the professionals choice but it did need some modifications and addition, so with new features, new products got the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back