Reviews: BayW.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 comments
I think you made a mistake in using phpbb for a forum. You should probably go with Xenforo for warez its a much cleaner look for a interface and catagorization is completely superb then phpbb. If you would like We can run it together.

Filled with spam and spam bots, also you're using the default theme. Maybe find a decent theme and be active on there?

Apart from the fact there used to be a bayw.org, which was pretty awesome, I like your domain. Short, sounds great!

I like the speed at which your site loads.

Change your theme, you'll get loads of good phpBB themes. There are some very pretty themes from Christian Bullock.

Trust me, phpBB is a very solid system, don't worry about it. You'll just have to put in more effort maintaining it. Though I would have gone for myBB if I had to build a forum now using some open source script. When I started my first forum 6 years back, I had opted for phpBB since back then it had no serious competition from other free forum softwares (only little bit from myBB and SMF). But myBB has grown a lot since, and phpBB, not much I guess. But not trying to demoralize you, go ahead. Just that if you feel like, switch to myBB asap before your board grows big.

Add few more categories may be for various discussions, otherwise it kills the purpose of a forum.

Get some decent SEO mod (like the Ultimate SEO URL from phpbb-seo.com). It used to work great previously loaded with lots of options, just check reviews now for the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back