Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon

Need review on how is the site speed, site layout, domain, etc.

Still working on the favicon and the 4 images in the header.

It was previously only an Android site so rest of the sections are currently empty.

10 comments
That's actually pretty good. For starters I like how your not going down the common warez route as you'll just be another fish in the sea and instead are focusing on mobile. First thing you need to do is get a real mobile theme for people who visit your site on mobile devices. Not taptalk. A real mobile version.

In the sidebar move the social Facebook and G+ bit to just under the Sign Up box then have it followed by the Last Thread and then followed by the staff online and stats bits. The reason is you want the parts which will encourage more clicks nearer the top.

Change the forum icons http://i.imgur.com/ngK78.png

Take your time and write good quality forum descriptions for all the areas.

The footer could do with a bit of work too. Those DDL buttons look like an after though and don't fit right.

Otherwise not a bad looking site.

That's actually pretty good. For starters I like how your not going down the common warez route as you'll just be another fish in the sea and instead are focusing on mobile. First thing you need to do is get a real mobile theme for people who visit your site on mobile devices. Not taptalk. A real mobile version.

In the sidebar move the social Facebook and G+ bit to just under the Sign Up box then have it followed by the Last Thread and then followed by the staff online and stats bits. The reason is you want the parts which will encourage more clicks nearer the top.

Change the forum icons http://i.imgur.com/ngK78.png

Take your time and write good quality forum descriptions for all the areas.

The footer could do with a bit of work too. Those DDL buttons look like an after though and don't fit right.

Otherwise not a bad looking site.

Re-ordered the sidebar.
The Share page buttons were at the bottom because those buttons take the most time to load.
Removed the DDL's button from the footer. Never submitted to them, so was not needed ;)
Will add new old/new icons and the descriptions within 2-3 hours

Thanks for your review :)

Howdy Carbon and WRZ.mobi,

You should consider whether you want to create a new section for ebooks that are intended for adults. You have many ebooks that are posted in the ebook section that is intended for adults.

I would do something with the upper nav bar. There are a lot of free space, so you should think out something fun that can fit nicely in there and that can get the attention it deserves.

I would also recommend that you have a very good forum explanation of each section. Google likes good, long explanations.

I can see two obvious sign up buttons on the upper part, which I personally think is one too much. It is appropriate with one button.

You already have facebook and google + buttons, but I would also recommend that you add a twitter button. Twitter is a very good social media that can generate a lot of useful traffic, you may also update your members and guests with things to come via Twitter.

I like the idea of having statistics and the like on the right side instead of on the bottom of the forum. The only negative is that it is very much open space on the right side under all the statistics. This is of course because you have so many sections. You should fill the whole page, I mean. It can only occur goodness to fill all available space.

You should hire staff members, regular members, etc. You have to get up activity. You have officially launched a forum before you've got some content on the forum. No one wants to register on a forum without content.

Tips for your posts;

Do not spam. Use the same template for every post. Have a rule that all members must follow (post-template). Perfectionism at a high level is very attractive.​

Last edited:
Disagree with Sandvik's point about the Adult eBook section. Stay away from Adult content completely, you've no need for it so get rid of anything adult related. The latest copy of Bizarre has nothing to do with mobiles and surprised it was the admin who posted it.

Thanks for your reviews guys.

I have re-configured the ebook section. It was set to fetch ebooks from a blog, so did not notice the content. Basically that section and the "Music" sections are included just as extras 'coz people use their mobiles to read ebooks as well.

Howdy Carbon and WRZ.mobi,

You should consider whether you want to create a new section for ebooks that are intended for adults. You have many ebooks that are posted in the ebook section that is intended for adults.

I would do something with the upper nav bar. There are a lot of free space, so you should think out something fun that can fit nicely in there and that can get the attention it deserves.

I would also recommend that you have a very good forum explanation of each section. Google likes good, long explanations.

I can see two obvious sign up buttons on the upper part, which I personally think is one too much. It is appropriate with one button.

You already have facebook and google + buttons, but I would also recommend that you add a twitter button. Twitter is a very good social media that can generate a lot of useful traffic, you may also update your members and guests with things to come via Twitter.

I like the idea of having statistics and the like on the right side instead of on the bottom of the forum. The only negative is that it is very much open space on the right side under all the statistics. This is of course because you have so many sections. You should fill the whole page, I mean. It can only occur goodness to fill all available space.

You should hire staff members, regular members, etc. You have to get up activity. You have officially launched a forum before you've got some content on the forum. No one wants to register on a forum without content.

Tips for your posts;

Do not spam. Use the same template for every post. Have a rule that all members must follow (post-template). Perfectionism at a high level is very attractive.​

-Added tweet button
-The 2 signup buttons are only visible on the homepage. If you are in any other category or any other page it will show only 1 signup button.
-For the navbar, i will be some DDL to fill that space.
-As I just re-started off with it today, forum activity is low.

Last edited:
The site looks nice but I was expecting a mobile site. Most sites on the .mobi extension are in xhtml mp (mobile profile), and designed to fit on a small screen. Just so you know google looks at .mobi domains in a different way than regular tlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back